Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey anyone in north dallas???? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Texas

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #1
jmm2223
I am New

jmm2223 is an unknown quantity at this point

I go to TWU in Denton but live in The Colony/Plano area. Soon-to-be single parent and wondering if anyone is near by...

Possible roomates? Advice? Know of any local single parenting classes? Good caregivers? or Organizations that offer financial assistance? :lovehearts:
jmm2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
Gabriel's Mom
Setting New Standards

Gabriel's Mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jmm2223, and welcome! I go to school in North Richland Hills but live farther out of the city. I'm not a possible room-mate, but you could always try looking up parents without partners and see if there is a local group near you. I don't know of any single parenting classes but I would think there would be some around. As for good caregivers I don't really know anyone in your area. So far the only financial assistance I know of is through, the Department of Human Services or Texas Work Force Center. However those can take a while. And they go by how much money you make. Sorry I'm not too much help.

What are you going to school for? How old is your child? I'm going for Massage Therapy and my son is 18 months old.

Have a great day!

Amy
Gabriel's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
jmm2223
I am New

Hi Amy!

thanks for the info. any little bit helps...

I think I know where N. Richland Hills is and its kind of a ways. I'm going to school for a BS in Family Studies and I'm in my junior year. I just found out 2 weeks ago that I was pregnant and now I'm 7 weeks along! However, the father moved to Baltimore, MD last month and I didnt know until he left...

Wow! 18 months! I love those ages! Massage therapy is a great field. I used to work in a salon; they get good tips too!

-your poem... but true

take care,
JACKiE
Old 09-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #4
Gabriel's Mom
Setting New Standards

Gabriel's Mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh Family Studies, I love learning about all of that stuff. Took some child development and parenting classes in high school, really liked them. Wow are you excited about the baby? Have you told the father yet? Am I being too nosy? Yeah I'm really glad I have gone into massage therapy, it has so many choices available.

Have you started showing yet? Ahhh as much as I don't need another child yet, I miss being pregnant.

Well have a great week!

Amy
Gabriel's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 03:26 PM   #5
jmm2223
I am New

Yeah I've always liked child development in High School and now more than ever... I am sooo excited about the baby and have already done some shopping and getting ideas for baby furniture. I'm only two months along and not showing yet but always hungry.hehe... I have told the father and we are still friends and talk but he has moved to baltimore, which makes this really hard. We dated for a year and said we'd be friends even after he moved but I didnt find out I was pregnant till after he left. I'm not sure what the future holds for us but I do know for sure that there will be a beautiful baby from this...

:sweetheart:
-JACKiE

p.s. i may need to get a massage soon...my back is killin me! good luck!
Old 12-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #6
Ashley828
I am New

Ashley828 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I live in The Colony, and to tell you the truth there so no kind of classes or groups out here!! I go to a signles group at the trinity presb. church off of main st. The one that they are adding on to.
Ashley828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #7
pinkbows
I am New

pinkbows is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am in North Dallas.
pinkbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #8
mlssellis
I am New

mlssellis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I live nearby you in the Plano area. I am going to cccc and will be transferring to a university next year, how do you like TWU? Right now i am living with my parents but i am trying to get out on my own. With advice to financial help, call the workforce of north texas for help with childcare. Daycare is so expensive and as long as your income qualifies they help with the burden a lot. You have to work/go to school a minimum of 35 hours a week (i think each credit hour counts as 3 hours). Anyways good luck and let me know if you need anything. By the way...girl or boy?
mlssellis is offline   Reply With Quote