Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Desperate Mom in Denton - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Texas

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-31-2005, 04:48 AM   #1
sadshelly
I am New

sadshelly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I live in Denton and I am seperated from my husband. I have alot going on right now, more tears than anything. I am the mother of 4, I have a 13 year old son, an 11 year old daughter and a 3 year old, and 4 year old girl. I am 5 months pregnant, a licensed nurse, put on bed rest after losing one of the twins that started this pregnancy. I lost my job 4 weeks ago, and my louse of a husband is offering me 200 dollars a month in child support. I have my good days where I am not completely falling apart, and then there are the usual days where I am crying like a teenager, wondering what in gods name I am doing. I used up most of my savings moving my children in January and my huband has thrown alot on me since we have been seperated, like how he may have a son from an affair he didn't admit to until 3 weeks ago from that affair. Or how he has been dating this waitress who is living with him and my 7 year old step son since October of last year, I ran out of gas on hwy35 going toward ft worth, I left it on the side of the road and 3 hours later the ft worth police call to let me know an 18 wheeler feel asleep at the wheel and totaled my car, of course it was not paid off and I owe on a car now I am not driving, can not afford to get another one. I don't know how I am going to pay my rent, I have paid my electric yet, and I have no stuff for my baby to be. I keep thinking God will find a way to help me through all of this, but it doesn't help me when I eat once a day for fear that my children will not have enough to eat. I guess that sounds kind of stupid. I really am just alone, I didn't have friends while I was married because taking care of my husband and children and working was more than enough for me and now my whole life is a mess.
sadshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:56 AM   #2
CA
Setting New Standards

CA is an unknown quantity at this point

Shelly,
First ... Welcome to SFV

Second ... contact an attorney and get an emergency hearing set up for temporary needs. Two hundred dollars a month is a joke for 4 (5) children that will have any judge fuming. Call legal aid if you can not find on that will work with you on cost.

Third.. call Children and Family services and have them send someone out (they might) to help you get immediate assistance. If they can't come out have a friend/family member set an appointment for you and drive you there. They can help you get food stamps and financial relief temporarily. You should also be able to get unemployment and the temp order from the judge may even require your ex to pay support for you because of the pregnancy and bedrest. This does not mean he will pay it so definately call children and families.

Good luck ... my thoughts are with you. I hope you had insurance on the car! You should get compensation for that soon.

C
CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:10 AM   #3
Lisa R
Board Member

Lisa R is an unknown quantity at this point

Shelly, I live in Argyle... I wish I knew about your situation a week ago, my daughter has been out of town since last Thursday, I may have been able to help more.

The above advice is good... I looked up what my daughter's father would have to pay (a rough estimate, based on an online calculator) according to his income and mine by TX guidelines, and it was around $700 - and that's for ONE child. You need to get legal help.

Second, the Tri-County North Parents Without Partners chapter may be helpful. The President and VP of membership both live in Flower Mound (or near) - I don't know if they'd be willing to do your new member orientation at your house b/c you're on bedrest, but it's worth asking. This is a large network of parents right in your area who have dealt with some of the same issues.... it's a great place to look for support, and they may even be able to recommend a lawyer, and other help. (I just joined)

Third, feel free to PM me if you would like to meet. I just moved here, so I have no friends - you'd be helping me as much as I would you! Maybe we can chat about what you need/want for the baby - I may have some (my daughter is just a bit younger than your youngest), or I could be your eyes and ears while you're on bedrest, and scour the yard sales and second hand shops. PWP is having a group yard sale in April, and they're bound to have people getting rid of baby stuff.

You'll be ok. You are strong enough to get through this for your children.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:51 AM   #4
Meighan
On the Board

Meighan is an unknown quantity at this point

hey woman!! I live in denton! If you need a job I can get you a job where I work that starts immediately and help you out w/childcare on my days off. I've had help and now it's my turn to give back. Get in touch w/me and I'll do everything I can to help!!!!!
-Meighan

large sig pic removed
Meighan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:52 AM   #5
Meighan
On the Board

I also have a friend I talked to about your situation....it's my neigbor get ahold of me and I'll see what I can do as far as work and what not.

*large signature pic removed*
Old 03-31-2005, 04:23 PM   #6
Meighan
On the Board

I'd forgotten she was on bedrest y'all. so nix the job deal..I already pm'd her about my mistake.

*large sig pic removed*
Old 04-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #7
Gabriel's Mom
Setting New Standards

Gabriel's Mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and Welcome!
Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope things get better for you. We're all here if you need anything. Keep us updated on how you are doing. Best wishes!

Amy
Gabriel's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:46 PM   #8
Kidsk3
Learning to Surf The Board

Kidsk3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new to the site and just read this. The advice given above is excellent, I am not sure but you might want to see about getting on disability as well. Font know if your eligible but I think I heard of a friend of a friend being eligible for that reason.If I can be of any assistance let me know.
Kidsk3 is offline   Reply With Quote