Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey my only son - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Texas

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-22-2005, 05:17 PM   #1
steve64850
I am New

steve64850 is an unknown quantity at this point

i need help my babys mother suddenly decided that she is no longer in love with me so i have to move out . problem is i love my son very much and dont trust her family with him one does drugs and her grandmother lives in a very run down enviorment. im having to move to calif because my family support is there . what can i i do to get custody ,i dontwanna loose my son.
p.s. she is a correctional officer and i caught her writing to a inmate who is a killer and dope dealer she has a po box thinking i dont know about it but i do and she planes to live with this guy i fear for my childs saftey and he is also the reason she no longer wants me HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
steve64850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 08:53 PM   #2
Seraphin
Board Blazen Parent

Seraphin is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve,

If possible, don't move yet! Get a place on your own and request an emergency hearing. You need to get custody and visitation settled before you move! If you move to CA, it will not look good to a judge. At your hearing, state why she is leaving you and everything you've said here. You have a case, but if you leave the state, you won't be there to fight it. Can you stay long enough to finish court?
Seraphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:25 PM   #3
steve64850
I am New

steve64850 is an unknown quantity at this point

no i cant stay had to get a new job so i can pay child support avd get a place
steve64850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:33 PM   #4
LarryNCdad
Parent on Board

LarryNCdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Steve, sorry you're going through this. Have you talked to a lawyer yet? You really need to get some legal advise, you can't take chances when it comes to your son's best interests. All these things you are concerned about need to be documented and as Seraphin said, moving out of state probably won't work in your best interest.
LarryNCdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:42 AM   #5
tomany2count
Visitor

Steve, I agree with the above folks. You really want to try and stay for now. The parent who moves out is not normally at the advantage. You want to keep your advantage and do not move. Let her move out and you keep the boy if she really wants out of the relationship.
Like Larry said get Legal help. You need to know what you are dealing with before you can make a good decision.
If you have the boy you do not have to pay support, and jobs come and go, your boy is forever.
Lots of prayers.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:39 PM   #6
Suthrnbel0105
I am New

Suthrnbel0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Howdy! I ran across your message and I used to work for a law firm dealing with custody hearings...In Texas, all you need is definate hard-core black and white proof that she is NO WAY a fit mother. So, you have a court ordered drug test, some kind of proof on paper, or something that is physical evidence that she is not giving the child the environment needs. And then the judge will grant you full custody. Good luck!!
Suthrnbel0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #7
rebeccapecka
I am New

rebeccapecka is an unknown quantity at this point

you lot have got to be american! prayers wont help you common sense will
rebeccapecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:49 PM   #8
Don Male
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by rebeccapecka:
[qb] you lot have got to be american! prayers wont help you common sense will [/qb]
I prefer to use common sense and the power of prayer. Works wonders for me
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:23 AM   #9
Gabriel's Mom
Setting New Standards

Gabriel's Mom is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope everything works out for you Steve. I agree with everyone else. Do whatever you can to stay close to your son and if possible seek legal help. I also agree with Don, common sense and prayers do work wonders.

Amy
Gabriel's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote