Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Is anyone in the Fort Worth area? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Texas

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #1
FaithInHope
I am New

FaithInHope is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a new single mom with a 4 month old daughter and I'm desperate to find friends who understand the position I am in. I have been out a total of 2 times without my daughter since she's been born so I figure the way to beat the lonely blues is to find parents who have kids too and we can all go somewhere together? I don't know. Just talking to someone would be nice also. Thanks.
FaithInHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #2
FaithInHope
I am New

I'm a new single mom with a 4 month old daughter and I'm desperate to find friends who understand the position I am in. I have been out a total of 2 times without my daughter since she's been born so I figure the way to beat the lonely blues is to find parents who have kids too and we can all go somewhere together? I don't know. Just talking to someone would be nice also. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #3
Gabriel's Mom
Setting New Standards

Gabriel's Mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi FaithInHope, Welcome! I'm not in Fort Worth but lived there before. I'm in the Azle area now. I'm sure you'll find a lot of people on here in the same position as you that understand what you are going through. It's normal though to not go out as much right after having a baby. I did right after my son was born and if I have another baby I plan to take it easier. Well I hope you enjoy the site and your lonely blues go away.

Amy
Gabriel's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #4
FaithInHope
I am New

Thanks Amy! I appreciate the encouragement. It comes at a great time.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:14 PM   #5
areyes
I am New

areyes is an unknown quantity at this point

FaithInHope,
I am new here but I am totally with you trying to build up a good support system. I found this web site and am so thankful that I did. Like I said I am still new here but everyone seems great. I live in Austin and have family in the Dallas metroplex area. If you need to talk I am all ears.
areyes
areyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:41 AM   #6
FaithInHope
I am New

Thanks! Somes days I'm up and some days I'm down but lately they've mostly been down. :-/ I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel though. I just feel so overwhelmed. I'm a first time mom, and part time waitress (in a crappy job) and a full time student with only one friend who has shown any understanding. This is a total reversal of what I used to be like. I used to have friends coming out of the woodwork. My voicemail box would be full on a daily basis. Now, I'm lucky if I get one phone call a day. My daughter turned 5 months old on the 27th and I've been out 3 times without her. I miss contact with people a lot. But like I said... I know there is a light.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:25 AM   #7
ragingmama
I am New

ragingmama is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey There, I can so relate to what you are saying. I am a single mom of three teenagers. I remember the shock I experienced when I first had them. The isolation was unreal. I had this fantasy of raising my kids surrounded by friends suport ect. When people started falling off the planet it blew me away.My advice as a vet in this business is take time for yourself but make sure it is healthy time with people that will feed your soul-Time away can not be wasted by energy suckers-Are there any single parent groups in your area? Reach out-bring the light in-Take Care
ragingmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:17 AM   #8
Laurie05 Female
Board Beacon Parent

Laurie05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Faith and areyes and ragingmama!! I am pretty new here as well and glad i found this site. I am in Houston Faith if u ever wanna talk to unload I am a good listener. I have been out once w/o my kids in a years time. Just dont have any single friends to go out with and I dont like the idea of goin out alone. I would love to meet other folks from Houston or as far as ya'll in Dallas or Austin would be nice as well. If ur ever in Houston area let me know.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:26 PM   #9
lucas101
I am New

lucas101 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Laurie05:
[qb] Welcome Faith and areyes and ragingmama!! I am pretty new here as well and glad i found this site. I am in Houston Faith if u ever wanna talk to unload I am a good listener. I have been out once w/o my kids in a years time. Just dont have any single friends to go out with and I dont like the idea of goin out alone. I would love to meet other folks from Houston or as far as ya'll in Dallas or Austin would be nice as well. If ur ever in Houston area let me know. [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
lucas101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:30 PM   #10
lucas101
I am New

lucas101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Laurie, I am from Houston and am looking for other single parents to meet and socialize with, I have been separated for only 2 months, so I want to take it easy. And by the way, if you have a mean streak anybody (not you Laurie), do not reply, I already wasted too much time on mean people.
lucas101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #11
Meighan
On the Board

Meighan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FaithInHope:
[qb] I'm a new single mom with a 4 month old daughter and I'm desperate to find friends who understand the position I am in. I have been out a total of 2 times without my daughter since she's been born so I figure the way to beat the lonely blues is to find parents who have kids too and we can all go somewhere together? I don't know. Just talking to someone would be nice also. Thanks. [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey Faith I TECHNICALLY live in Ft. Worth. heh. The way the lines are drawn, if you haven't noticed, makes it so that you typically drive through 5 cities in about 10 minutes. On my way to work alone I drive through arlington, grand prairie, euless and ft. worth. And I live 10 minuets from work. hah. so yeah I think I'm pretty close to you. email me if there's anything I can do for you!
Meighan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:59 PM   #12
Laurie05 Female
Board Beacon Parent

Laurie05 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lucas101:
[qb] Hello Laurie, I am from Houston and am looking for other single parents to meet and socialize with, I have been separated for only 2 months, so I want to take it easy. And by the way, if you have a mean streak anybody (not you Laurie), do not reply, I already wasted too much time on mean people. [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi lucas just saw this post that u even said hi to me . Sorry what side of Houston u live on? Pm me if u want to.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:32 PM   #13
Lisa R
Board Member

Lisa R is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Faith,

I know your message is a little old, but I haven't been on in a while, so I hope you're still reading! I'm in Grand Prairie, with my 3 yr old daughter. You should check out "Parents Without Partners". It's an amazing group of single moms and dads with kids of all ages. It was so great to go out with them, and realize that these are people that really understand.

The web site is www.pwptcn.com. A Ft. Worth committee was just formed to expand membership and activities in that area, and they're doing orientations in Ft. Worth now too (the group overall stretches from south of Ft. Worth all the way up to Denton). If you want to send me a private message, I can put you in touch with someone, or even bring you to an event. The best part: kids are welcome at everything, so you don't need to worry about how to get away. Well, there are occasional parent only nights out too, but the majority of activities are for families.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #14
thomas29
I am New

thomas29 is an unknown quantity at this point

FETHER OF 2 IN DFW
HELLO!!!!!!
thomas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:08 PM   #15
t&j's mom
On the Board

t&j's mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, this post is from back in 2005. Single mom of two in Frisco. Just moved from Cali about 2 months ago.
t&j's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:27 AM   #16
K&J
Learning to Surf The Board

K&J is an unknown quantity at this point

We are from the fort worth area. And although I see this message goes back to 2005, we have found a great single parents group...if you go to meetup.com type in Arlington Single Parents. The group is a great support system for everyone; single mothers, fathers, and the kids. We have potlucks, events at Chuck E.Cheeses, movie nights with the kids and more. Its really more like a big extended family. I dont know what if we would have done at times if it was'nt for them. So go check 'em out, if you live in this area and are looking for a good family friendly group. It really helps to know that you have others in the situation that you are going through or have been through.
K&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:37 PM   #17
t&j's mom
On the Board

t&j's mom is an unknown quantity at this point

What a coincidence. I just discovered meetup.com two nights ago and RSVP'd to a few of the gatherings from different groups in the Frisco area. Meetup.com has groups for all types of situations ... single parents, moms who work from home, single parents happy hour, culture and community, etc.! I'm excited to meet people at my first gathering next week at the single parents happy hour who just want to wind down after a days work.

K&J - thanks for your feedback about your group gatherings. It really helps and is encouraging!
t&j's mom is offline   Reply With Quote