Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Bed Wetting - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Mid Childhood: 4 - 10

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
the1stvoice Male
Parent on Board

the1stvoice is an unknown quantity at this point
beg or prayer Bed Wetting

Hello everyone! My oldest is 6 (boy) and my youngest is 5 (girl) and they both will wet the bed each night. I have been staying up until, or going to sleep and then waking up at, 11pm and taking them to the bathroom to pee. They pee each night in the toilet and we haven't had any accidents in a while. That being said, I AM TIRED! I want to sleep :-(
We are right in the midst of my oldest's first month Kindergarten... He needs as much sleep (uninterrupted) as possible. It is easier for me to wake him up to pee versus waking up at some random night hour to changes clothes and console a wet child. I realize I won't be doing this forever, but any ideas to help me completely potty train my children within the next YEAR will be greatly appreciated.
the1stvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
DaddyCakes Male
The Other White Meat!

DaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: Bed Wetting

Perhaps use pull-ups at bedtime until they start having dry nights!

The only real drawback to the pull-ups is if they have company for a sleep-over. That can lead to shame issues.

Have you checked with their pediatrician to see what they recommend to help?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

I think your doing all that you can.
Doctors will typically tell you to do just what your doing...waking them at night.

Good luck!
Hope it ends soon

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Good luck to you! my eldest had to be woken up for a good long time, i remember those days. eventually you will get sleep!!

just curious...what time do they wake up in the morning? good luck.
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
the1stvoice Male
Parent on Board

they wake up between 6am and 6:30am on school nights. they go to bed just before 8pm on school nights. weekends they stay up an hour later and get up an hour later. but yea, I am just biting the bullet to wake them up. last night i forgot to wake up and get them and I awoke around 2am to my duaghter's panic. when i got there she was sitting up in bed rubbing her eyes. she got up and went pee and the bed was dry! this is a good sign - she woke to pee on her own!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

My boys all had issues til 10 or 11. I asked the docs and several said that our brain's parts just develop at different rates. He said that I can wake them up or put plastic and wash bedding often (daily). I just decided to not make it a big deal, teach them to do laundry..... DS4 still has accidents once in a while.
By the way, deep secret of mine... I had that problem til I was 13-14 years old. No deep Freudian problem, just my brain had not grown in that part. Plus I wonder if some of the asthma meds in those days had a part....

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
the1stvoice Male
Parent on Board

No problem here, other than losing sleep. If they can rest easier and be happier on my time and energy - then so be it.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #8
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

mykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant future

Hi here is a helpful article I found.
http://children.webmd.com/features/bedwetting-causes
Old 09-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Me too until 12 I think. Though the Dr thought for me, it was all the changes cause I didnt start again until long after my parents separated (age 5), & my dad remarried & I had to move in with them. Yep. Lots of changes. (short/quick version)
They started waking me up every night, & eventually I went back to dry beds
Hang in there!!

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote