Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Teen daughters out of control - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Texas

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
kimberlyc Female
I am New

kimberlyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Teen daughters out of control

I am here to see if any one is going through the same things I am with my teen daughter. She steals, runs away, and is addicted to sex. She will lie till she is blue in the face. Am I alone in this?
kimberlyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Teen daughters out of control

No, you are not alone... I can't say I have that, but I have young teens. 14 and 13 yr old twins (all girls). I consider myself lucky thus far on teen behavior. We have our issues, believe me, but they are different from this (yet still severe). I can assure you though, many are going through this with their teens... some here, some who aren't single parents.

I was a teen rebel myself. Even with that, still never sure what to tell other parents to do. How's that for not helpful?

Did want to say WELCOME!

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
kimberlyc Female
I am New

I feel as though I have ran into a brick wall. She has been in several treatment centers. She has tested positive for marijuana. This morning we found out she stole her sick grandmothers pain pills. call the police at least once a week and they will not do any thing. I am afraid she will end up dead. She is sneaking out at night to meet men from the internet. I did get her approved to go to the Waco center for youth, but thats at least 4 months away. I am on the verge of a break down.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #4
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Sorry to hear all this
but your doing the right thing with the Waco center.

I have a 15yr old girl, & 2 boys (12 & 19). I have troubles, but of a different sort.

Its easier to say then do, but cant you report her as a runaway? They'll just bring her back thou huh?

Hang tough as you can. Wish I was more helpful

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I can imagine your exhaustion level is at walking zombie?

I'm with WS, the Waco Center is the right move....stinks they don't have openings sooner

How have the police been, sounds like they are supportive?

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 09-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
kimberlyc Female
I am New

I am hanging in there by a tread. I have reported her as a run away 13 time none of them the local police department did a report on them. Yesterday she smiled at me and said " I told you they would not do any thing to me". Hoping for a better day today.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

The only help I am getting right now is through MHMR. I went and spoke with the guy over the juvenile probation. He did push forward the CRCG meeting. But the thing is she is putting my other children in danger. I have been asking around about local support groups. Because even when she is gone I am going to need help recovering from this.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

I'm glad to hear you are seeking support for yourself, too, it will be so important for you and your other two kids! Sounds like you are doing all the right things. I'm guessing you've tried all the basic punishments including taking items from her with no luck?

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 09-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
kimberlyc Female
I am New

she doesn't have anything to take away. she has a bed and some clothes, that's it. She hasn't earned anything.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
kimberlyc Female
I am New

Today seems to be a pretty calm day. Thankful for the days she acts right. Hoping the rest of the week stays calm. but will takes as many days as I can get. Hope all of you are having a good day.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #10
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

The short breaks are always welcome....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 09-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
kimberlyc Female
I am New

Yes they are. I really enjoy them. It gives me time to do homework.