Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Winter Jacket for 8yr old. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Mid Childhood: 4 - 10

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
Tanya30 Female
I am New

Tanya30 is an unknown quantity at this point
humm Winter Jacket for 8yr old.

I am looking for a nice thick 3 in 1 jacket for Olivia (8) but she is wanting a nice thick one zip waterproof.

I prefer her to get a 3 in 1 but she would not fasten all the zips on it.

Should I get a 3 in 1 or her preferred waterproof?
Tanya30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Winter Jacket for 8yr old.

Well, if I am correct about what a 3 in 1 is....is it 3 layers?

If you are going to insist that she always have all 3 layers zipped tight then it won't really matter if it's layered or not. You may as well get her the one piece waterproof one she likes and maybe she will like it enough to be diligent about zipping it.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #3
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

I'd just get the heavy winter coat and be done with it......
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
Virgo69 Female
A Cuddly Porcupine

Virgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

I'm getting the impression that the winter wear issue is a big deal to you. I guess I'm of a different mindset. To me the coat thing is just not something I would spend so much time obsessing over.

However, since it is a hot button for you, I would get the child the coat she wants. And I think waterproof is better anyway because it seems to me that when a child gets wet playing in the snow or outside is when they truly get chilled.

Just a reminder, running around in the cold doesn't make you sick, germs do.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #5
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

to me, its cloths and if she likes it, she'll wear it.

she may find excusing , like forgetting it, if she doesn't like it.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote