Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Feeling stressed - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Mid Childhood: 4 - 10

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-25-2015, 02:18 AM   #1
Jasmine09 Female
I am New

Jasmine09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feeling stressed

At times I don't know what to do my ex and his wife seem to bicker about everything and apparently talk bad about me to our daughter. My ex sees her every other weekend and she comes back so distant and saying things like I want to stay with dad. She is 6 and when I ask why she is saying this her respond is my dad and step mom tell me what to say. Also, when I call she doesn't want to talk to me and when she comes back home she tells me her step mom tells her what to say. Any advice?
Jasmine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:54 PM   #2
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Feeling stressed

This is unfortunate. I hope you can explain that you love her & talk to her about time at dad's house, how she has two rooms at home and there, two sets of stuff, and all the parents are just people too, and some times people just dont like what others do, and if it feels uncomfortable to her, she needs to tell them that in a nice way. Explain that it's O.K. to have a good time at both houses. That she is loved by all.
Talk with your ex-husband too. Remind him that it's best for your child to not hear negative talk, that she take it personally and can disrupt her thrivability

and welcome to SFV jasmin09
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:43 PM   #3
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Feeling stressed

I am a family law attorney. This happens all the time. I tell my clients to tell the kiddo, "I love you, and daddy loves you. And I am so sorry that sometimes daddy and step mom say those things. I know you don't mean them."

And you need to put your child in counseling NOW. They are practicing a pattern of alienation. Your child needs to be taught coping methods and tools. Also if it goes to court you need a professiknal that can testify.