Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Mommy we helped Homeless People! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Custody - Visitation

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

mykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant future
stubborn Mommy we helped Homeless People!

My son srayed over at his father's house on Monday night. He told me on Tuesday that he helped Homeless people. They came over and spent the night at his dad's house and that his dad moved him out of his bed and put him on the couch. This was a mom and 2 little girls. Really!!! Thankgoodness he has an appointment with a therapist next week. My child has no idea how much this upsets me. Monday night was an alternative night for last Wednesday when he could not pick my son up. He cancelled at the last minute. Then asked to switch to a different night. Monday was the agreed upon night. He also did noght take my son to chorus(before school) on Tuesday- This is two weeks in a row. The high road just keeps getting higher and higher. I have not spoken to his dad about this because we are dealing with another issue right now that is unrelated to this incident. I think I will just wait and talk to him about it the next time he can't pick my son up on his court specified time.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Mommy we helped Homeless People!

One thing to consider: You don't have to give make up time for someone that cancels last minute.... only for a verifiable illness do you have to give a make up.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

mykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant future

Yes, I know which is why I am so shocked he would do somthing that stupid and think I would not find out about it. I am really just trying to not make a big deal out of it because I am afraid my son will shut down and decide not to tell me things if we argue everytime he tells me something.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

trebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidisfirst View Post
I am really just trying to not make a big deal out of it because I am afraid my son will shut down and decide not to tell me things if we argue everytime he tells me something.
I had this fear with B when his mom and I split. And to a degree I think it has happened. But he isn't a communicator to begin with. He's is like I was, tends to bottle it up inside.
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

Helping the homeless? What a noble gesture! Sheeesh, I'll bet your ex is more giving than any of us even know!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #6
soccerfan192 Female
Board Blazen Parent

soccerfan192 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh man. =S That would worry me, too. =S I hope you're able to talk to him or take care of that next. =S
soccerfan192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #7
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Where did we all find these beauties of exes????? Sorry about all of this.... I think just waiting until next time he opts not to pick up is the way to go. And yes, stop letting him make up his time (oh so much easier said than done, though the more helping the homeless stories you hear the easier it will become!)

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

To be honest with you. I am really very strict about staying on the court order schedule. The thing is on that day, he sort of gave me a choice. Not a good one. Let me pick another day or he will have to wake my son up way early and drop him off at my house(I hope)- had an episode where he just dropped him off at school. My son would have to be at my house by 6:30 for him to get to work. I did it because I thought it would be better for my son not to have to wake up so early. Clearly I made an error in that decision. He was not tired last Thursday . He really was tired on this Tuesday.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
behindtheseeyes
Parent on Board

behindtheseeyes has a brilliant futurebehindtheseeyes has a brilliant futurebehindtheseeyes has a brilliant future

My first thought is that maybe this woman is really a girlfriend he doesnt want you to know about? From what i understand he took ur ds out of his bed so these people can sleep in it why didnt he give up his own bed? Sounds like a cover to me. Idk maybe im too suspicious but im not buying that story.
behindtheseeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #10
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

Well I have not asked him directly, but it pretty much would not matter- He would lie to me about the entire thing anyway.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #11
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

It is nice to help..... But boundaries must be kept.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

wow!, I don't buy it either... these homeless could not stay on the couch ???
So he let homeless in a room while ones own kids is left unprotected out in the living room. What, Dad could not share his bed with son, or have son in dads bed, while dad slept on the couch.

just kick your own child to the couch and make way for others, less than family. Did he give the homeless the sons food too, while he and the homeless sat at the table eating... rggg.... where is his priority's.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote