Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Homeless Mother of two No cash - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Home, Garden & Living > Home Improvement

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-07-2004, 05:32 PM   #1
brokendespratemother2114
I am New

brokendespratemother2114 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Homeless Mother of two No cash

My ex fience threw myself and my two daughters out of his house, last saturday. I've tryed two or three apartment houses a day and all said I had to come up with close to 2 thousand dollars to move in, Because of bad credit. I dont know how to get on finacial aid here in clermont florida and i work full time but i still am homeless and dont have the cash to put down on a place to live or to manatain ther payments what do I do. SOOO tried of crying, stomach hurts all the time at my wits end and dont know how I'm going to provide shulter for my girls 8 and 7. Can anyone shed any light is there any finacial help for housing for mothers that work full time? PPPPLLLEase help me if you know of something.
brokendespratemother2114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 06:14 PM   #2
Seraphin
Board Blazen Parent

Seraphin is an unknown quantity at this point

you need to get yourself down to the nearest health and human services office (the welfare office) They will know what to do, they can refer you to the proper people who can help you. The fact you are working is good, they can help supliment your employment with low-cost housing or help finding a place with limited credit. Another suggestion is to drive or walk the neighborhood you want to live in and look for posted "For Rent" signs. These are usually properties owned by a single person rather than a property mangement company. With a private owner, the chances of you convincing them to overlook your credit in leu of your situation is greater. Be honest about your credit and what situation you are in. I myself have terrible credit and thats how I always manage to find a place. Just being honest.
Seraphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 02:57 PM   #3
Chicagomom1
Parent on Board

Chicagomom1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree find the nearest health and human services or Child and family services. As for the mean time if you can't find a homeless shelter why not find a very low budget motel that takes weekly or monthly stays. Many small ones do. This way you have a roof over your head, an semi address and security for the time being. I will try and look up some stuff for you. and post it on here. So that you will be able to see it. Also you may want to check with your local library they sometimes have bulletin boards of people looking to sublet apartments etc. and usually they have a list of local servicies. Hope this helps

Shannon
Chicagomom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 01:46 PM   #4
Kaylegh
Learning to Surf The Board

Kaylegh is an unknown quantity at this point

You might also want to try to find a shelter temporarily for yourself and your kids.
The social workers there could help you to asess your situation and help you find the appropriate agencies to help you!!
Good luck!
I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Let us know how you make out if you can!
Kaylegh
Kaylegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:47 PM   #5
Saving Amy Rose
On the Board

Saving Amy Rose is an unknown quantity at this point

Going to a shelter will put you on the express route to housing assistance ...and housing assistance can mean less of a move in cost since the govie doesn't generally allow for first last and security...just first and security.
Saving Amy Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 12:12 PM   #6
Meighan
On the Board

Meighan is an unknown quantity at this point

I too am in Florida and am losing my apartment January 19th. The enrollment for section 8 and subsidized housing (which I cannot get because of my credit....) is closed right now. So I'm taking my daughter to be with her daddy early for his visitation with her and hopefully by the fall I should have something. Florida has tough rules regarding social services because a huge part of the population is transient and they're loathe to spend the money to process individuals who are going to leave next month. I dunno where Clermont is but I'd help you if I could..... email me if you need anything and maybe I can help.
Meighan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 02:25 AM   #7
Con21
Learning to Surf The Board

Con21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just looking through messages and came upon yours. I know this is a bit late in asking, but did things turn out alright for you?
Con21 is offline   Reply With Quote