Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey HOMELESS AND DEPRESSED - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Dealing With Depression

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-25-2004, 02:55 PM   #1
pcmargie
I am New

pcmargie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a single mom of 6 wonderful children. I walked out on my ex husband with all 6 kids after a 12 yr awful marriage. I was a stay home mom up to that point... Then there I was 29 yrs old, 6 kids and no work experience! That was almost 8 yrs ago now. I have been struggling along trying to survive. But my bills always seem to out weigh my income by far. I only have 3 kids living at home right now... but just a few days ago I got evicted and kicked out on to the streets. I lost almost everything I had because I had no way of moving anything out and no where to put it. Right now my 3 youngest kids are staying with friends so they can stay in school. I am working still but each night I wonder where I will sleep. I have a place offered to me about 30 miles from here but it needs alot of fixing up. My boyfriend of 2 years just bailed on me right as things got tough. So now I sit here worried and depressed because I am finally at the lowest part of my life I have ever been. Its been extremely hard trying to survive as a single parent. I am sad because I wanted to be a stay home mom for my kids complete child hood. Sometimes I get so depressed that I find myself locking myself in my room and laying there exhausted from work and wanting to sleep but end up crying all night. Now I am on the streets and I am scared of the dark as it is... so I am completely scared and all alone. I dont even have my kids to hug on right now. I am not going any where with this I just needed to get it off my chest!
pcmargie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 08:48 PM   #2
almostfree
I am New

almostfree is an unknown quantity at this point

Where do you live?
Have you found a place to stay? What about the children?
Please go to http://www.hs.state.az.us/phs/oncdps/wic/ for help in Arizona.
There is no reason to feel bad about reaching out.
Here are some more links http://www.gtii.com/members/lannin/shelters/arizona.htm http://www.aziquest.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?keywords=Pho...r%20Battered%20Women

Please reach out. You will find help out there, waiting, and available.

Let us know how you are and your children.

Molly
almostfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 05:29 PM   #3
Courtney
I am New

Courtney is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that in times like these the last thing you want to hear is "in time things will get better" you need help and comfort right now. Where are you currently at? Try and check into state funded help, you will be amazed at what you could find. I know that you are a strong women, you took your beautiful children and got them out of a situation that you knew was not good for your self or them, that takes so much intelligance, strength, and love to do that. Please in this tough time try to stay strong and remember that you have 6 children that love you forever and always. I will put you in my prayers, please keep in touch.
C
Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 04:40 PM   #4
Jakesmommy
Parent on Board

Jakesmommy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I have a question that left me fuming after I read your post-is dad paying child support? He better be for 6 kids! If not you need to go to the child enforcement agency right away and talk with them. Explain your situation and I'm sure that if they can't help they know someone who will, you need to have those kids back! Good Luck!
Jakesmommy
Jakesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:56 PM   #5
pcmargie
I am New

Quote:
Originally posted by Jakesmommy:
[qb]Hi! I have a question that left me fuming after I read your post-is dad paying child support? He better be for 6 kids! If not you need to go to the child enforcement agency right away and talk with them. Explain your situation and I'm sure that if they can't help they know someone who will, you need to have those kids back! Good Luck!
Jakesmommy[/qb]
Old 02-16-2004, 12:04 AM   #6
pcmargie
I am New

Quote:
Originally posted by Jakesmommy:
[qb]Hi! I have a question that left me fuming after I read your post-is dad paying child support? He better be for 6 kids! If not you need to go to the child enforcement agency right away and talk with them. Explain your situation and I'm sure that if they can't help they know someone who will, you need to have those kids back! Good Luck!
Jakesmommy[/qb]

I just wanted to say thank you. I havent been online much but will be soon because a few things are looking up. I finally found a place this last thursday and slowly but surely have been moving my things from storage. My kids are finally back with me. Its alot smaller then I had hoped but we will get over it. I can tell the kids have been under alot of stress since this started and that makes me sad but I know it just will make them grow to be stronger adults. My first grandbaby died during this time, He was stillborn and I went througfh alot knowing I couldnt be there with my son and his wife during such an emotional time. I have been bothered by that ever since it has happened. To answer the child support question... "no" the father wont take a job unless its under the table and this is my ex hubby who is father of 5 of the 6 and he was ONLY ordered to pay 297.00 for all 5 kids believe it or not and he still doesnt pay. But I dont care because I have been hiding from him since I left him.... thats another story next time I log onto the computer So anyway the less he knows about my whereabouts the better so I wont push this child support issue. Anyways gotta run just wanted to let you all know that things are getting a little better... I still miss my boyfriend very much
Old 02-18-2004, 03:35 AM   #7
mommat
Board Member

mommat is an unknown quantity at this point

I know how it feels to miss your ex and that is normal but I just wanted to tell you that you don't need someone who is going to run out on you when you needed him most. That isn't love and you deserve unconditional love. Through the good the bad and the ugly. Your a woman, and you don't need some man who is going to bring you down. (sorry I hate men who tell you they "love" you and then pull this ____)

I am really glad that things are looking up for you. Things will get better and in the long run you will be stronger. I am praying for you and your children.
mommat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:40 AM   #8
Ariesmom3
Parent on Board

Ariesmom3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I just wanted to say CONGRADULATIONS...on your new place...
YOu seem so strong to me when life couldn't get any harder.. Did you fold? No..You did what you had to do..found a place and got your children back...THat is so awesome.. Many of us wonder I'm sure after reading your post "what would we do" and tell our selves "I wouldl find the strength to pull through this-so must she" But you are an individual that actually had to find that strength..And found it rather than just hiding in the corner and excepting what you beleived to be the inevidable...
I know this probally doesn't mean much coming from a stranger but...
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU...
As far as your ex-boyfriend goes.. Maybe you just miss being in a relationship not neccessarly him..?..
Because I have to say If he ran out on you when you needed him the most you should really reflect on that and try to decided what kind of person would do that to someone they loved? obvioulsly he is not a very caring person.. AND there are a lot of other men out there.BUt your talking to the wrong person for the relationship talk (cause my true feelings about that are strong..WHO really needs them.. there more trouble than there worth. And there just full of disappointments..) but thats just my thoughts.. If you truly beleive you need a significate other.. There has to be other, BETTER men out there then your ex...Who is spinless if you ask me...
I hope your stiuation just keeps getting better... and I hope to talk with you again soon.

---------------------------------------------
Love should enhance your life...
Not control...
Or...
Define it...
---------------------------------------------
Ariesmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 12:13 PM   #9
anamnesys
I am New

anamnesys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by pcmargie:
[qb]I am a single mom of 6 wonderful children. I walked out on my ex husband with all 6 kids after a 12 yr awful marriage. I was a stay home mom up to that point... Then there I was 29 yrs old, 6 kids and no work experience! That was almost 8 yrs ago now. I have been struggling along trying to survive. But my bills always seem to out weigh my income by far. I only have 3 kids living at home right now... but just a few days ago I got evicted and kicked out on to the streets. I lost almost everything I had because I had no way of moving anything out and no where to put it. Right now my 3 youngest kids are staying with friends so they can stay in school. I am working still but each night I wonder where I will sleep. I have a place offered to me about 30 miles from here but it needs alot of fixing up. My boyfriend of 2 years just bailed on me right as things got tough. So now I sit here worried and depressed because I am finally at the lowest part of my life I have ever been. Its been extremely hard trying to survive as a single parent. I am sad because I wanted to be a stay home mom for my kids complete child hood. Sometimes I get so depressed that I find myself locking myself in my room and laying there exhausted from work and wanting to sleep but end up crying all night. Now I am on the streets and I am scared of the dark as it is... so I am completely scared and all alone. I dont even have my kids to hug on right now. I am not going any where with this I just needed to get it off my chest![/qb]
Hi PCMARGIE:
Good Bless you! You are BLESSED and a very strong woman. Pray and Thank HIM always.
anamnesys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:48 PM   #10
pcmargie
I am New

Quote:
Originally posted by pcmargie:
[qb]I am a single mom of 6 wonderful children. I walked out on my ex husband with all 6 kids after a 12 yr awful marriage. I was a stay home mom up to that point... Then there I was 29 yrs old, 6 kids and no work experience! That was almost 8 yrs ago now. I have been struggling along trying to survive. But my bills always seem to out weigh my income by far. I only have 3 kids living at home right now... but just a few days ago I got evicted and kicked out on to the streets. I lost almost everything I had because I had no way of moving anything out and no where to put it. Right now my 3 youngest kids are staying with friends so they can stay in school. I am working still but each night I wonder where I will sleep. I have a place offered to me about 30 miles from here but it needs alot of fixing up. My boyfriend of 2 years just bailed on me right as things got tough. So now I sit here worried and depressed because I am finally at the lowest part of my life I have ever been. Its been extremely hard trying to survive as a single parent. I am sad because I wanted to be a stay home mom for my kids complete child hood. Sometimes I get so depressed that I find myself locking myself in my room and laying there exhausted from work and wanting to sleep but end up crying all night. Now I am on the streets and I am scared of the dark as it is... so I am completely scared and all alone. I dont even have my kids to hug on right now. I am not going any where with this I just needed to get it off my chest![/qb]
Old 03-24-2004, 08:48 PM   #11
pcmargie
I am New

Well hi everyone,
Sorry I havent been online much but I am finally back online atleast with dial up for now. High speed internet will just have to wait awhile. I want to thank everyone that wrote me words of encouragement and everyone that has prayed for me. Like I had said before atleast I am thankful to finally have another place. Now lately I have been dealing only with the normal stresses of raising kids ( which by itself is alot )
My oldest daughter ( she is 18) will be moving back home next week. I am totally looking forward to that. I miss her bunches. Now I will have 4 of my 6 back at home
You guys probably feel like I am pretty dumb but my boyfriend and me have been talking again and I am hoping to work things out with him. Only because I love him and he was wonderful with the kids.
I had to go and pick up my 14 yr old daughter from jail last week because she was arrested for assault. And I am hoping spending a few hours in a holding cell scared her enough so she will stop fighting. The boys are doing great right now.
Anyways I gotta run just wanted to pop in and say hi! And thank you!
Marge