Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey 16 and Pregnant - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Fathers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Teen Fathers

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Exclamation 16 and Pregnant

I don't know how I ended up watching this show on MTV, which I never watch that channel, but 16 and Pregnant was on. OMG, what a scary show. These kids do not, and should not be having kids. Seriously, I have sat here and watched three stories so far and it is heartbreaking, frustrating, and just plain makes me very, very angry.

The first girl had a boyfriend who, honestly, was a keeper. Because she was stupid and a total baby. The boyfriend was doing everything for her, encouraging her, and when the baby was born, and she had a C-Section and went home, he took care of the baby while she laid in bed crying because her stitches hurt.....oh, and I forgot to mention that the girls mother was preggo at the same time.

The second girl was smart, beautiful, came from a great family, cheerleader, A+ student. Her boyfriend was 21. Now tell me WHY THE ____ WAS HE NOT STRUNG UP!!!!!!! UGH. They move in together. Baby born, she keeps going to school (accelerated program so she can start college), works, and so on. Her boyfriend has a good job, but he is never there, prefering to go out and party with his friends, leaving her there He seriously was dork.

The third girl is stupid, stupid, stupid overindulged spoilt child. She obviously got pregnant because she does not say no to anything. Her boyfriend is horrible, abusive disgusting twit. Right now she is in labor, and he picked a fight with the daughter's mom. She's writhing in bed and he is yelling that he wants someone to take him home. I wanted to reach through the tv and punch the little _______.

One thing I noticed, all three of these girls had over 30 hours in labor. I wonder if that is a result of being such a young mother? Weird.........
Old 07-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Mommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant future
Default Re: 16 and Pregnant

i have literally watched the whole two seasons of that show and the first season of teen mom and then the 2nd season of teen mom starts this month which picks up where the first season of teen mom left off with the same girls... it is heart breaking i am really happy they did these shows to show the youth that its not as easy as playing with a baby doll. watch dad camp on vh1 that one is interesting as well.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

oh ya and ocd project

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

i honestly wish they would have one with the reverse of what society sees with the mom's being a pos and the dads the fit one...
Old 07-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

i can be on that one
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #4
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Mommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant future

but i guess that is in the eye of the beholder since ever situation has 2 sides
Old 07-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofone View Post
but i guess that is in the eye of the beholder since ever situation has 2 sides
3 sides...his..hers..and the truth...
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #6
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

yes! i know alot of guys that can be on it ..... i hate soceity's views of single moms and dads just drives me crazy

ok 3 sides i was forgetting the 3rd one
Old 07-03-2010, 11:40 PM   #7
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

I saw a couple of episodes of that once and felt much the same way as you. Mostly just very, very sad.

The 30 hour labor, yeah I wondered about the too. I guess it depends on when you start counting. I can't imagine they would let you be in active labor that long...maybe from the time they checked in the hospital for an induction to the time they gave birth. Or from the time they first felt contractions. I know 13 years ago they wouldn't let me go over 12 hours after my water broke, and I was only in active labor maybe 30 minutes...
Old 07-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #8
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

YAYYY! Idig's here!!!

When I was 21 I was in labor for 28 hours....and then they broke my water. After that, things moved along pretty quickly.

I never saw any of those shows but I imagine I would feel the same way ya'll do.

Hey Idig, go look at my redneck dump trailer! .
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #9
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

FlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond repute

OHH Thanks for the memories. LOL

"She who must not be named" was in induced labor for 42 hours with our first one. then they did a c-section on her. (Yea I was there and saw the whole thing).

Boy that was fun hehehe

No. 2 was much quicker,

Dawg
FlyingDevildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:59 PM   #10
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

i feel lucky i never went into labor they scheduled a c-section. =x
Old 07-04-2010, 12:07 AM   #11
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

What is officially the "beginning" of labor??
Old 07-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #12
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by idig View Post
What is officially the "beginning" of labor??
Hmmmm, when you lose the mucus plug and begin contractions that are not Braxton Hicks??? Maybe?

What do you think?
Old 07-04-2010, 12:18 AM   #13
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

I don't know...just wondering where we all get these numbers. If I count from my water breaking, it would be about 14 hrs total.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:21 AM   #14
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

When my sister had B, the doctor said it is when you have regular contractions, regularly spaced apart with dialating happening consistently for a period of time. He said the period of time is different for each woman. Clear as mud, huh?

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

PS, there are three stages of labor. dilation, transition, and then delivery.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #15
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

I thought labor was what caused the dialation, then when it was complete and the baby was properly engaged and the urges to push began, that was transition....and delivery was when the baby mades his big debut. No?

Oh wait, sorry, I read your post wrong...I thought you were counting "labor" as a stage of labor...duh me...
Old 07-04-2010, 12:39 AM   #16
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

FlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about when it's start. just know that it was 42 hours on the drip.
No. 1 was two weeks late, so says the dr. so they started her on the drip. 42 hours later they did a c-sec. on her and I had my little girl.
one of the happy times for me was seeing her and holding her.

oh well, another time.

Dawg
FlyingDevildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #17
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

The whole labor thing varies. You can be in labor for a VEEEEERRRRRYYYYY long time but AFTER your water breaks, they only let you go so long because there is risk of infection after that. I had really long labor for all of mine and finally they would break my water to speed things along. I believe they set a limit of 12 hours after the break you had to be delivered or they would do a c-section.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #18
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

i was 8 days late to my due date... they did an ultra sound and the dr called the hospital room and said " you have two choices you can either wait till he comes naturally or we can take him out. He is est to be 10 pounds 1 ounce. what do you want to do?" TAKE HIM NOW!!!! ok. come back tomorrow at 11 and we will... came in 11 they took me to the room an hour later i was back in the recovery room hooked to a morphine pump so i never felt any of it... =D

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

the only thing that sucked was i had to wait a hour to see him ....

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEjiM0sESus

this is a link to the teen mom series... from what i saw on the youtube comments for this video it had teens saying this show makes them not want to have sex.... =D

but the new season starts this month =D ima dork ...
Old 07-04-2010, 02:29 AM   #19
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

You can also watch it on www.mtv.com.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #20
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1 View Post
The whole labor thing varies. You can be in labor for a VEEEEERRRRRYYYYY long time but AFTER your water breaks, they only let you go so long because there is risk of infection after that. I had really long labor for all of mine and finally they would break my water to speed things along. I believe they set a limit of 12 hours after the break you had to be delivered or they would do a c-section.
This is excatly as I understood it, and my labor with S went exactly the same as yours did.
E, however, the first sign of labor I got was when my water broke. I was making breakfast and suddenly it felt like a rubberband snapped inside of me and then...well, you know what happened next.
Contractions didn't start for maybe another 15 mins or so.

, Mommyofone, when I read your post and then saw the link, at first I thought it was a video of you giving birth...
Not that it would be a bad thing...just, ya know, WOW!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #21
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

surprise =D it is ... i kid i kid
Old 07-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #22
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofone View Post
surprise =D it is ... i kid i kid
Old 07-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #23
Blossomed
Board Blazen Parent

Blossomed is a glorious beacon of lightBlossomed is a glorious beacon of light

I don´t like reality tv.

But for the last question... I was 24 when I gave birth and labor started Saturday night, in labor all Sunday (was dilated 1 Sunday morning). But threw up a lot every time I got a big contraction. Sunday afternoon we go again to the hospital (as I had preferred to stay home in my comfort zone). The contractions were smaller and more irregular and they thought I was sick because of the throwing up so I was given medicine to be able to sleep and sent home. I sleep for 4-5 hours and wake up Sunday night with serious contractions and throw up again and again after every contraction. Monday morning I call the hospital and ask to be held there because I was sick like that I wanted to be in medical care. We go then around 10 o´clock in the morning. I´m checked. I have contractions, I´m given an IV because I had lost way too much energy and special bags to throw up in haha... Then I was dilated 3 at the time and told the little one would be born today. She got into the world at 6:59 PM. (I was just unfortunate to be see sick the ENTIRE time!)

I was in labor for almost 48 hours.... I do not think it is age related. It is definitely related to the fact you´re having your first child. Second time you give birth is supposed to be easier.

Oh, and it might have been related to the fact that I gave birth naturally without having an epidural.

Ok... Now you all know about my daughter´s birth/delivery story!
Blossomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #24
babymama3210 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

babymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

My water broke right before I was induced and I was in labor for 26 hours after the inductioon and then endured another 4 and a half hours of pushing! WTF! Shouldn't I have had a c-section????
babymama3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #25
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

my friend had the same dr. they induced her and she went into back labor and ended up being a c-section. the only thing i can figure is he was to big for me to birth to and i had no signs of delivery in sight and i was 8 days past my due date....
Old 07-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #26
Live4Them Female
Parent on Board

Live4Them will become famous soon enough

I'm getting in this convo late... But WOW! Talk about LONG labors. I think I was REALLY lucky.

With E, they induced me 1 week early. They started the drip at 5am, broke my water at 7:35 am, at 4:40pm, he was born. Pushed for maybe 30 minutes.

With M, they let me go 1 week over, but I went into labor naturally. I seen blood, and got my ____ to the hospital and admitted by 12:15pm. No contractions, or at least I didn't feel them. At 1:15pm, they broke my water, started pushing at 1:20, he was born at 1:35pm.

With G, I was on my due date. At 7am, I thought I had to go potty, and although I did, my water also broke. Due to flooding in our area, it took a little longer to get to the hospital. When we finally got there, and after an big fight with the head nurse about me NOT wanting to be "induced" labor started for me at 9am, she was born at 11:10am.

I thought being in labor with E for almost 11 hours was long... 48 hours... NO thank you. Glad I opted out of having more kids...
Old 07-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #27
littlefoot_223 Female
Board Beacon Parent

littlefoot_223 has a spectacular aura about

When i went into labor w/ my son, I started at 11pm, I did not have him untill 12:22, my doc told me that if i did not have an epidural then I would have had him sooner so I was in labor w/ him for about 13 hrs . But my contractions were so strong that they would not register on the tape, and i was in so much pain that I could not consintrate on what i needed to do.
my daughter on the other hand I was in labor w/ her for a total of 6hrs. from first contraction to when she graced us w/ her presance.