Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Hey - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Fathers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Teen Fathers

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
BoyofZeta Male
Learning to Surf The Board

BoyofZeta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hey

What's up? I'm Brian, and I'm new here, maybe I can get a bit of help on some things
BoyofZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Hey

Welcome to the party Brian! Post a question, we love to answer.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
BoyofZeta Male

Can I do that all in this post or would I have to go somewhere to do that?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
Mama Swan Female
Tree hugger at heart

Mama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Hi Brian- welcome!
Mama Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
BoyofZeta Male

Thanks for the welcoem
Old 02-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Here, there or anywhere. Welcome and go for it.

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
BoyofZeta Male

So I'm nineteen years old, and just 8 months ago, I became a parent. The girl that had my child of course I wasn't with anymore and she came to me 5 months pregnant. But, I did all the math and it seems as if everything added up to me.

We went on with her pregnancy like everything was fine and I was even planning on marrying her after my son Leighton was born. For about a month after his birth, everything still went well but one day I left to go get something for my son and came back and she was furious, Idk what caused the change but since then, I haven't seen my son as much as I should and she's been trying to call another guy my son's father. As well as, she's pregnant again and she may have the baby right after Leighton's first birthday.

Sometimes I feel like I struggle with if I'm really my son's father but his features confuse me to the point where, I don't really care about it, I love him to death and she;s not allowign me to see him for childish reasons. I'm a full time student, I don't work because my parents provide for me though I want to work, and of course, I'm only 19. If I keep goign to school that kid will be better off. Any help or reasons she could be acting the way she is to me?

BTW, she;s holdign our relationship against me as if its a valid reason to keep me away from my son. (there it goes)
Old 02-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #8
Mama Swan Female
Tree hugger at heart

Mama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Is your name on the birth certificate? If not, the first thing to do is become legally established as the dad. It sounds like you're trying to do the right thing and be involved as a parent, and while that involvement is financially limited at the present time since you're a student, the emotional support is priceless. Do what you can to establish paternity and a formal visitation schedule. There are others on this site that are much better informed than me about these things, but that much I know!
Best of luck to you.
Mama Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #9
BoyofZeta Male

My name is on the birth certificate, and yeah I love my little man. He's the world to me ever since he was born He's a jerk too lmao.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #10
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

They are usually a bit of both! Seriously, you have rights to see your son. LSL is good with this. You can get help at the family court in finding out what you need to file to seek visitation rights. Hopefully she'll see this and tell you a little better.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:53 AM   #11
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to the site!!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:12 AM   #12
LadyDragon Female
Parent on Board

LadyDragon is just really nice

Hello and welcome aboard
LadyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #13
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

Just wanted to say welcome..
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #14
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Welcome, Brian.
As has been said, you have an absolute right to see your son and be a very big part of his life. Your child's mother, of course, has an absolute right to a child support order, too.

You really need to get this stuff ironed out legally....

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #15
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Welcome Brian!!! Go slow and act in the best interests of your son. Keep emotions out as much as possible. Get legal help as soon as possible. Good Luck!
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #16
BoyofZeta Male

Thanks, and I'll try to