Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey need friendly advice and friends - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Fathers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Teen Fathers

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-03-2008, 02:12 AM   #1
kildahl18
I am New

kildahl18 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there everyone. i am brand new to this site and all. my name is adam and i live in wisconsin. i am 18 and a father. i am going through **** right now with my ex and babys mom. our son is a month old and she took off two weeks ago and hasnt let me see him since. she is attacking me through the courts with restraining orders up the ____ and the cops came tonight and she stated that our son might not even be mine. i am fighting and trying my hardest from working and every dime penny nickle is going into getting my son back. i just need some advice and friends
kildahl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:06 AM   #2
missabb
Board Blazen Parent

missabb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and welcome to SFV.

It sounds like things have turned hostile very quickly with the situation. My best advice is to get yourself a lawyer. There are two really good reasons for this.

1. You need to defend yourself against some accusations. If she is asking for a restraining order, then she must be accusing you of something. I hope that whatever that is is untrue,but in any case you need legal representation.

2. Obviously things have broken down between the two of you. You need to find out if the child is yours. And, if it is yours, you will need to make support arrangements and will need representation to get rights for visitation with your child. You'll need a lawyer for all of the above.

In the meantime, I would avoid contact with her and watch what you say. Anything you say to her in anger can be turned against you in the event you go to court. You should also be looking at your lifestyle at this point. Do you have a good job, home, stable lifestyle? A judge will be looking at all of these things when determining visitation arrangements.

And stick around here. The folks here have been through all kinds of situtations similar to yours and can be of help to you.

good luck .
Old 03-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
kildahl18
I am New

kildahl18 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks alot for the advice, i have been looking for support groups since all this started. its just frustrating that everything is stacked against me. i will hang around and hopefully i can help people out also.
kildahl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #4
AtlantaDad
I am New

AtlantaDad is an unknown quantity at this point

Your very first step, well second after calling an attorney, should be a paternity test. She is the one that called it into question, and it is only fair to both you and the child to make sure right now.
AtlantaDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
Prayer Mom
I am New

Prayer Mom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Organization for Single Fathers

Hi Adam: I'm new here. Just joined today

I read your post and I can feel the frustration in your words. My suggestion is to do a Google search for FATHERS RIGHTS -

You'll probably discover dozens of helpful ways of protecting yourself and your baby.

Some of the websites are filled with spam just trying to take advantage of desperate fathers by getting them to buy books or other junk.

But mixed in with the bad stuff you'll find some good and helpful websites that just might be able to assist you.

Do a Google search for dads rights or fathers rights

Hugs,

Angela
Prayer Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
jenk
I am New

jenk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: need friendly advice and friends

There are also single father support groups - don't know your area- Stick to your guns, whatever you do. Always remember that baby's grow into teenagers. There will come a time when your son will know everything you know. He will judge you both.
jenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #7
mandiebarnette
Learning to Surf The Board

mandiebarnette is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure that he is yours before you do anything! I don't know why women do stuff like this.... This is a BABY not a puppy. After you are sure that he is yours, you love him and help her take care of him. Even if you and her get back together, you make sure that if he is yours that you have joint custody in place. Take care-
mandiebarnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by missabb View Post
Hello and welcome to SFV.

It sounds like things have turned hostile very quickly with the situation. My best advice is to get yourself a lawyer. There are two really good reasons for this.

1. You need to defend yourself against some accusations. If she is asking for a restraining order, then she must be accusing you of something. I hope that whatever that is is untrue,but in any case you need legal representation.

2. Obviously things have broken down between the two of you. You need to find out if the child is yours. And, if it is yours, you will need to make support arrangements and will need representation to get rights for visitation with your child. You'll need a lawyer for all of the above.

In the meantime, I would avoid contact with her and watch what you say. Anything you say to her in anger can be turned against you in the event you go to court. You should also be looking at your lifestyle at this point. Do you have a good job, home, stable lifestyle? A judge will be looking at all of these things when determining visitation arrangements.

And stick around here. The folks here have been through all kinds of situtations similar to yours and can be of help to you.

good luck .
I think this is very good advice, Good luck. Kudos to you, you are so young. It's nice to see such a young man take his responsibilities so seriously
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #9
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

BigBobby has disabled reputation

Well looky looky...one of my favorite people giving credit to another one of my favorite people.

Missabb got married this summer. She was tagged today in some wedding photos on FB.

I personally learned my lesson from my first marriage...but Abby seems happy so I figured I'd post about it here.
BigBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #10
Pantherschik Female
Parent on Board

Pantherschik is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone here has given you some really good advice, so take it on board ...

One bit of advice I would also add is write everything down, and keep all emails, texts etc that may be exchanged .... time , date , everything ...