Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey dad-losing interest - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Fathers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Teen Fathers

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-15-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
Kimmie87
Board Member

Kimmie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

My kids dad is a few months older then me, and so far he has generaly been a really great dad to them. They we're born when he was 17 and as scary as it was for us all, he stuck by, slept over at my house, he helped out huge! The kids love him to death, he generaly spent 5 or6 days at my house, jsut doting to them, it was very special. BUT unfortunatly latley he has been 'busy'...i mean this is not a relationship he can just 'break up' after almost 3years. I do understand he works, goes to school, and plays hockey, but hit seems he is forgetting about his kids! Everytime i ask him about it he says sorry and that hes busy and he has been meaning to stop by, but before id have to basicaly force him to put them to bed for the nite. The twins are almost 3 now and they really understand that their dad isnt around, they ask for him all the time, and its sad for me to always tell them..oh hes at work or school. Now we're lucky to see him once a week. I know he needsto also go out with his friends and be a 19 year old guy (heck i need the same thing, but to be a girl, ) but he needs to realize that yah hang out with your friends once a week..but spend a few nites a week with your kids, not the other way around. My question is..how do i get him to realize this? I have talked to him lots, and hes always generaly seems sorry about it (which i do think part of him is)..i dont want him to lose interest in his kids escpialy now when they really want and need to spend time with him!
Kimmie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:17 AM   #2
TinWalrus
On the Board

TinWalrus is an unknown quantity at this point

he seems like a nice guy that will most likely come around to his senses... especially with the holidays arriving.

speaking as a once young guy i would suggest doing something to tug on those heart strings, i.e. tossing some holiday photo's his way. plan a trip with the kids that it would be hard for him to say no to.

you should not have to do that, i admire your patience in the matter - but again, he sounds like he has been a good dad - just losing touch lately
Old 11-22-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
Kimmie87
Board Member

Kimmie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yah he actually is a reallly good guy, he always has been. Actualy this past Sunday he took them for a few hours and he kept them over night on Monday (first time he had saw them in 2 weeks tho) I know he'll always be there for them, maybe I want to much, I dont know, . Either way I hope the past few days is a sign of good things to come because it was just like old times and the kids (and I) love it!
Kimmie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #4
jamietr
Learning to Surf The Board

jamietr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
most likely come around
ya, tossing some pics and planning a trip with the kids might definately help... Good luck.
jamietr is offline   Reply With Quote