Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey hey - i am new. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Fathers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Teen Fathers

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
RentonSpotting Male
I am New

RentonSpotting is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hey - i am new.

hey whats up. my name is mark i am 18 and i am expecting my son on July 17th.
Myself and the mother have been together for around 8 months now. We, i suppose, stupidly slept together on the second night of first semester of uni. This, being mid september, progressed to me asking her out and by the doctors estimations we concieved roughly around october/november.

It has all proved to be extremely surprising and somewhat of a shock to the system but i find that i have eventually came round to the idea that i am going to become a father... not even a friend or a dad - A FATHER.

I am very new to this, however seeing my girlfriends forum that she is active in, and i was just wondering how others may feel about becoming a young father.

was it too much ?
Worry ?
Joy?
Anger...?

thanks. mark
RentonSpotting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: hey - i am new.

Welcome! I hope some young fathers pipe up and give you feedback. I think it's great that you are stepping up! Good luck!
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
Bella29 Female
Board Blazen Parent

Bella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With Support
clown Re: hey - i am new.

Quote by RentonSpotting: "It has all proved to be extremely surprising and somewhat of a shock to the system but i find that i have eventually came round to the idea that i am going to become a father... not even a friend or a dad - A FATHER."

What a great start! Welcome to the forum

Last edited by Bella29; 05-15-2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: quotations
Bella29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I can not profess that I know about being a teen father, but I can welcome you to the forum, If you read through some of the other teen dads posts and thread, you may answer them, and they will get an email notice of what you wrote and they may pop back in sooner.

Welcome.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
RentonSpotting Male
I am New

RentonSpotting is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys. I realy didnt expect to make more of this but i find it really helpful. You are all helpful and i hope to make the most of this !
RentonSpotting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
Marcelo Male
I am New

Marcelo is an unknown quantity at this point

hey dude I fully understand
I was 16 when I found out my girlfriends was expecting
my son Hayden was born on the 4th of Feb this year and once her was born everything got harder I'm not going to lie but now I look at him now 5 months old and he just smiles like all the time and all my hard work to keep food on the table and a roof over his head is worth it.
Marcelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
Mama Swan Female
Tree hugger at heart

Mama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Hey RentonSpotting and Marcelo-
Welcome to both of you! No advice on being a young single dad, but glad to have both of you here making it work for your children!
Mama Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:25 AM   #8
Demeter Female
On the Board

Demeter is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome! I wish you the best. You seem to taking really good steps.

Quick irrelevant question:
Renton..Spotting.
Renton.
Trainspotting?
Sorry, a little ADD, just saw a connection to one of my favorite movies.

Welcome again!
Demeter is offline   Reply With Quote