Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Missouri

Old 04-18-2015, 12:19 AM   #1
Arkmommy
I am New

Arkmommy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feeling hopeless.

This week I have discovered that my boyfriend is a pervert.

We have been on and off for almost 5 years. Now looking back there were lots of red flags. I feel like a complete idiot for not catching them.

I found out I was 2 months pregnant March 2014. We weren't together when I got pregnant and he had developed a SERIOUS drinking problem. He missed our daughters first 3 doctor appointments because of it. I'm a horrible person for not ending it there either.

I let him weasel his way in and the drinking just got worse and worse. He dropped out of college, got a dwi, would hide alcohol all around the house. And now I find out he's a pervert?

I feel so awful and numb about getting my beautiful daughter into that situation. I confronted him and he left. I got rid of all his things and he hasn't contacted me. He isn't on the birth certificate so he has no rights. But I don't know how to make ends meet. I don't want to file for child support for fear he'll get some sort of visitation.
Arkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
Bluemoon
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Feeling hopeless.

Welcome,

You are correct, if you file for child support it will make it MUCH easier for him to get visitation. Depending on what qualifys him as a pervert in your opinion, if it's anything like the kind of pervert my ex is, then you are corrrect that forgoing child support is well worth the sacrifice.

I was unable to make that choice, I was married to my son's father and so he was already well established as the legal father and ____ bent on getting as much visitation as he could. Fortunately, he almost never uses it.

Sorry you had to go through this.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote