Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey OmgReally Easter Bunny is going 2 be mad - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Discipline

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Mommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant future
Default OmgReally Easter Bunny is going 2 be mad

ya get a call at 1pm from the principal... my lovely angel was in a full on fist fight with another class mate... over what... being front in line from pe to the classroom... really omg... ive made him run laps around the house and squats with a lounge chair...

what have you all done for punishment?!

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

fyi... they are both in kindergarten and 6
Old 04-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #2
Blackwidow Female
Parent on Board

Blackwidow has a brilliant futureBlackwidow has a brilliant futureBlackwidow has a brilliant future
Default Re: OmgReally Easter Bunny is going 2 be

Now see, I'm the wrong one to ask... I always laugh at things like this (not that it happens often) in fact, my boys always stop fighting when I tell them to take it outside, may the best man win!! hahaha

I'm sorry I don't have useful advice, kids have never gotten in a fight in school or anywhere. Sounds like the method you are using is probably already the best thing to do!

Wish you the best!!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Why did the fight start? What happened? Was he pushed first?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I'd speak with the teacher to get more details... I'd also speak with him/her regarding punishment. I'd start with him being last in line for a week. Does he have siblings? If so, he goes second/third/whatever slot is last. Make the punishment fit the crime. Also go over other ways he could express his anger.

Honestly, if somebody hit my child I'd support them responding with force if need be...but doesn't sound like you have all the facts, or we dont anyway. Hard to say what is right. But what does exercise do for the crime?

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

I'd want more info in order to determine the punishment. My son was in a situation a couple of months ago when a kid was picking on his brother and he decked him. Helping out a smaller kid when a big kid is picking on him is treated differently than just random fighting!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote