Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Maybe its time to Homeschool - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Homeschooling

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Maybe its time to Homeschool

Arrested dad wants answers after daughter draws gun picture

By Kris Sims ,Parliamentary Bureau
First posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 07:47 PM EST

OTTAWA - Jessie Sansone and his family are reeling after he was arrested and strip searched by police after his four-year-old daughter drew a picture of a man with a gun in her Kitchener, Ont., kindergarten class.

The 26-year-old father of four said Saturday the sketch was supposed to be him, getting the bad guys and monsters.

The school must have thought differently, as after Nevaeh drew it Wednesday, the school contacted Family and Children's Services and they called police.

Waterloo Police met Sansone at the school when he tried to pick up his kids he was told he was charged with possession of a firearm. He was then handcuffed and put him in one of the several squad cars waiting outside, he said.

"When I was finally able to see my family, after this ordeal was over, my little girl ran up and gave me a hug me and asked: 'Daddy, are you mad at me?'" said Sansone, his voice choked. "How could she ever think that I would be mad at her? She knows this has to do with her drawing."

Sansone, and his wife, Stephanie, have been together since they were teenagers. They have four children, aged 10 years to 15 months, and Stephanie is five-months pregnant with their fifth child.

"Years ago, being really young parents we were given the cold shoulder, like we didn't know how to raise our children, this feels like that again, because I felt totally alone in that cell," Sansone said. "We still can't believe this happened to us."

Sansone had a scrape with the law five years ago, but has since turned his life around, left Toronto for Kingston, Ont., and has become a certified counsellor.

While Sansone was being strip searched at the police station: told to disrobe, lift his testicles and bend over, his wife was home with their 15-month-old daughter.

"They came to my house, told my wife that I had been charged with possession of firearms, that she would have to come with them, and that Sundae (their infant daughter) would have to go with the social worker," said Sansone. Stephanie called her Mom who rushed over to take Sundae instead.

"My littlest is still in diapers with a bottle. Thank goodness my mother-in-law lives nearby," Sansone said.

Once Stephanie got to the police station she had to wait.

"The detective was giving my wife the idea that our children were at the police station with her, just in another room at the station. She was waiting for over an hour, close to two hours, not knowing where the kids were," Sansone said.

His children had been at Family and Children's Services, being interviewed by social workers.
"So, my wife was really panicking at that point. So her and the detective drove down to children's services. They questioned each of my children."

Now the family is trying their best to explain things to their kids.

"At that interview, I wasn't there, my wife wasn't there, but my boys, all they know right now is: 'Daddy and guns, guns and Daddy' - my kids knew all the police were at the school because of me. Now I have to explain to them how much of a mistake this is."

Sansone said police searched his house and found a plastic toy gun that shoots foam darts.
"So many people dealt with this situation in the wrong way," said Sansone.

"I know the principal really well, how could he judge my character in this way? I drop off and pick the kids up every day, I always say hello, I sign every report card, I go to every parent teacher meeting, I am an active parent at that school."

The family is trying to decide what to do next, and they are finding a new school for their children to attend.

Video:
http://c.brightcove.com/services/vie...272981395.5%3F

++++++++++++++

should a kids drawing draw that amount of attention

+++++++++++++++++
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Maybe its time to Homeschool

Wow. And we think we live in a police/nanny state. Just wow.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Will the real Big Brother please standup? If I had to arrest everyone here for their kid drawing a gun.... wow, our jail is just not that big...
Here Veteran's Day students are encouraged to draw from many pictures that have been donated.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
DBCooper Male
Banned For Spam

DBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an AngelDBCooper Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

It's happening here. Slowly. Google the 1995 video of Eric holder's speech about guns.
DBCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
ItsTwins Male
Parent on Board

ItsTwins has a reputation beyond reputeItsTwins has a reputation beyond reputeItsTwins has a reputation beyond reputeItsTwins has a reputation beyond reputeItsTwins has a reputation beyond reputeItsTwins has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... that is frightening! Growing on a farm and around hunting all my life the idea that someone would be arrested for just a picture of a gun is crazy. We have guns in the house and at other places on the property and my girls regularly see or hear them being fired... I am sure they will draw pictures of them sooner or later too because they already remind Poppy not to forget his rifle when he leaves for hunting. All I can say is thank God for my mother, who is willing and able to home school them.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

can you imagine what an evil ex could do with Crayola crayons, paper and the other parent...
Old 03-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

Sad to read this.......I heard about it on the radio. The thing that struck me was charged with possession of a firearm.....yet did they find one to charge him with? Don't you actually have to possess one to be charged?
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiedad View Post
Sad to read this.......I heard about it on the radio. The thing that struck me was charged with possession of a firearm.....yet did they find one to charge him with? Don't you actually have to possess one to be charged?
not only did they charge him based on a crayon drawing and nothing else but the did not even see the drawing, it was all based on word of the teacher's call.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #9
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

I listened to an interview of someone representing the CAS, and they were unable to admit things had been blown out of proportion. They kept harping back to the fact...."what if there had been a gun...".
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote