Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Married mom, files as Single Mom - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents Around the World > United Kingdom

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
star Married mom, files as Single Mom

A married mom of three children cheats the government for benefits and gets caught due to Face book posts.

From MailOnline UK

Benefits cheat claiming to be single mum caught out after posting on Facebook she was married mother-of-three

By Daily Mail Reporter
UPDATED: 06:09 EST, 18 August 2010

A foolish benefits cheat who claimed to be a single parent living alone was caught out after revealing on Facebook she had a husband and three children.

Greedy Kim Stokes, 36, told the Department of Work and Pensions that she been a lone parent, unemployed and separated from her husband, a court heard.

But after fraud investigators found items on Facebook showing Kim, her husband Richard, and their children involved in family activities, the shameless cheat was hauled before the courts.

Social not working: Kim Stokes's Facebook profile included pictures of her family and her husband Richard, and a personal description declaring: 'I've been with my hubby for 16 years and we're still very much in love.'

Evidence against her taken from the social networking site included pictures of a birthday cake that was made by Kim for her husband, family holiday snaps and even anniversary messages.

And in her 'about me' section she stated: 'I've been with my hubby for 16 years and we're still very much in love.'

While Richard's Facebook page proudly declared: 'I am a loving, caring dad, I live in Telford and I am married to my soul mate Kim'.
Trouble and strife: Kim Stokes also posted pictures of her husband Richard on Facebook

Stokes had been overpaid by about £15,000 in housing and council tax benefits as well as income support over the last two years, Telford Magistrates heard.

Deputy District Judge David Stott gave Stokes, from Telford, Shropshire, a 12-month community order.

She was also ordered to complete 200 hours of unpaid work and pay £100 in costs.

She admitted two charges of failing to notify changes in her circumstances to the DWP between May, 2007 and October, 2009.
Miss Catherine Thomas, prosecuting, said Stokes had told the DWP she was a lone parent, unemployed and separated from her husband, Richard.

However, they were living together and had jointly applied for a loan and in November 2007 they purchased a car with a joint credit application, using the same address which indicated joint financial status.
Other evidence obtained showed that Richard and Kim were living as a couple after the family home was listed as Richard's place of residence.

Mr Sheikel Ahmed, defending, said the couple had been apart, but he later started regularly stopping and she should have told the DWP.
Today Stokes said from her smart semi-detached house three miles from Telford town centre: 'It's been dealt with and I have got nothing else to say about it.'

But one neighbour, who did not wish to be named, said: 'The husband drives a nice Renault Scenic people carrier, they certainly don't seem to be struggling for money and although I only know them to say hello, they seem a close and happy family - which is unsurprising really, if they have been fiddling benefits.
'The have two girls under 13 and a lad who is about 16 or 17-year-old.'

Stokes has since closed down her Facebook page but still lists herself on Friends Reunited as being married with three children.

Also under the 'about me' section - she reveals: 'I've been with my hubby for over 16 years we have three brilliant children together. I want to go to college and possibly train as a hairdresser or a teacher.'

DWP West Midlands Fraud Manager, Mark Pickering said: 'If you commit benefit theft, don't expect to get away with it. Our investigators are equipped with a wide range of powers and techniques to track you down.

'We are catching more and more of those who steal money intended for vulnerable people, and when we track them down they face heavy penalties.'

Read More:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-married.html

??????????????? what do you think ????????????????????

Do we as single parent get enough help and did they get heavy penalties?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Stronger2012 Female
I am New

Stronger2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Married mom, files as Single Mom

I think that was enough penalty for her situation. It was like a walk up call for her instead of jail time where she wouldnt be with her children. So hope she learned her lesson. And I think as single parents they gave me alot of help that I needed so I really cant complain about to much.
Stronger2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:43 AM   #3
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I think they talk funny over there.....

Cheating is cheating.... it is taking money that someone else might have really needed to feed kids.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
supermommy Female
Parent on Board

supermommy has much to be proud ofsupermommy has much to be proud of

Wow although I am from Canada - that really makes me sick! I am a single mom and I receive NOTHING from the government! I feel like she got off pretty easy, to be honest!
supermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute

This happens A LOT over here, people claim benefits as single parents when really they are living with a partner, its very common.