Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey The fish issue.. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Discipline

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
Kitkatbrat Female
Parent on Board

Kitkatbrat is an unknown quantity at this point

Tonight was real hard for me & I'm just not sure where this is going. My son who is 6 was downstairs for awhile while I was upstairs doing some stuff for a short time. Well, I went back down & he pulled a project he did from the front door table & said, 'there, almost dry'. Uh oh crossed my mind. I look over & in addition to his project being soaked, he's got a toy of his stuck in our fish bowl! I was speechless for a good minute. I take a good long look at him & he says he was helping the fish to have something to play w/ in their bowl! I'm thinking, what the heck?! Is this normal behavior for this age? FYI-I'm 6 mos prego, recently kicked out the father of the baby, my son had gotten attached to him & he's been destructive to his other toys as well. But this was the last straw. I told him what he had done was wrong-the fish are dead, they can't come back. I sent him to bed. Any comments/words?
Kitkatbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
Tessmit
Setting New Standards

Tessmit is an unknown quantity at this point

You know, girls always give me the impression they like to play by putting things together... like the living room in a dollhouse, bake a pretend cake, or arranging the stuff animals on the shelf. Boys, on the other hand, likes to take things apart or bang on other things.

I would say its normal. If you get more fish, maybe you can put them on a higher shelf.
Tessmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:53 AM   #3
Bishop Male
Originator of “Coffee”

Bishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant future

Once one of my children not sure what one did it

but I came upstairs to check on them and noticed they were hiding the fish tank

I finally got them to move and my digital camera is sitting at the bottom of the tank

they just told me they wanted to take pictures of the fish.

and they both admitted to do it

they always do that
Old 12-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #4
miss jes
At A loss for Words - NOT!

miss jes is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's a normal case of cause and effect. I really don't think it's a behavioural issue IMO.
miss jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:28 PM   #5
j3Jamie
Board Member

j3Jamie is an unknown quantity at this point

Some kids do stuff like this. It is experimentation. It is not like he tried to kill the fish. My family tells stories of my mom getting all scratched up trying to teach the kittens how to swim LOL My uncle fed cheerios to fish and killed them. I used to try to dress out chihuahuas up in doll clothes.