Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey recently seperated & pregnant - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #1
dmc7
I am New

dmc7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am 35 recently seperated & pregnant. Anyone else in the similar situation or has been? I have a lot of support from my family & friends, but I think it is hard for them to truly understand what I am feeling. My emotions are all over the place. Any advice would be appreicated
dmc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #2
dmc7
I am New

Hi,
I am 35 recently seperated & pregnant. Anyone else in the similar situation or has been? I have a lot of support from my family & friends, but I think it is hard for them to truly understand what I am feeling. My emotions are all over the place. Any advice would be appreicated
Old 04-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #3
TSHIM05
I am New

TSHIM05 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there i am 25 and my bf and i just split up after 1 year and i am prego. i know exactly how you feel and it is true alot of people don't understand and probably never will. it is definately not and easy task especially considering i already have 2 children. i started taking pregnancy yoga and it has helped tremendously!!
TSHIM05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:51 PM   #4
1Yoyo
Learning to Surf The Board

1Yoyo is an unknown quantity at this point

I am 35, not married but nearing the end of my pregnancy. One month!! If you need to chat, look me up...we might be able to compare notes.

Yo
1Yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:15 AM   #5
dmc7
I am New

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 1Yoyo:
[qb] I am 35, not married but nearing the end of my pregnancy. One month!! If you need to chat, look me up...we might be able to compare notes.

Yo [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi,
How have you coped through your pregnancy?
Old 04-14-2005, 08:49 AM   #6
tomany2count
Visitor

Take one day at a time and you will make it through. If you have support from your family is there someone who can be with you through it all? Someone who will take you to the hospital, be a labor coach, and so on? Having one person to really lean on will help a lot.
Best of luck to you and baby.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:46 PM   #7
mommadeb
Parent on Board

mommadeb is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 29, 35 weeks pregnant, and asked/told my ex-fiance to move out when I was about 3 months along. How do I cope? One day at a time...

I think it's probably easier on me than most since I was the one who made the decision. The ex and I also have a 20-month old daugher together, and she is the light of my life.

My family, though not living close by, is super-supportive. And, over the past several months, I've really been able to rediscover who I am and what kind of mom I want to be.

Yeah, it's hard, but my faith and an overwhealming desire to overcome the obstacles I run into day to day get me through.
mommadeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:32 AM   #8
AmandaR
I am New

AmandaR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi..I am 28 yrs old and my ex fiance left me at 3 months pregnant...I am now 5 months pregnant and this has been so hard for me. I have 2 girls from a previous marriage and I never realized how hard having a baby on my own could be. Sometimes I wonder how im going to get through another day with being alone. I think about the day I have my baby and my ex fiance is not going to be there to experience this new life entering the world and how alone im really going to feel. Luckily I will have my mom there but when you share something so personal and loving with a man who was your heart and soul it hurts. You have to NOT give up..remember that this baby is looking to you for love,support,guidance,and strength on top of many other things and having a baby and being alone you will see how tough you really are for your children.

When I got divorced from my ex husband I thought I was going to fall apart considering for those 7 yrs I was a housewife and thats it. I thought..how am I gonna take care of my girls,how am I gonna work,how am I going to survive?? With the drive to know that you HAVE to take care of your kids and they love and depend on you then you will have this fire inside of you that takes over especially as a mom to step up and be there for them and do what you have to do.

Dont give up is my advice..we have all been through this or going through it again now and we always want to know that somebody understands and knows what you are going through. Thats why forums like this are great because then we can be there for each other especially when you have nobody else around you who understands.

Good Luck and Never Give Up..For You And Your Child!!
AmandaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:23 PM   #9
LizlovesEmily
I am New

LizlovesEmily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm new here. My name's Liz. My boyfriend and I are doing really bad. He doesn't know how to support anybody but himself pretty much. I love him so much it hurts, but I've realized that I can't sit around waiting for him to get serious about supporting this baby we made together. I really don't know if we're still together at this point. I probably would be better off without him. He's running from the law, supporting his personal habit instead of our baby on the way and me, and showing no signs of changing soon. It hurts a lot, but I have a family who loves me and little Emily. We'll make it, even when it seems impossible I know we will and so will you.
Liz
LizlovesEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:25 PM   #10
singlepreg
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

singlepreg is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dmc7:
[qb] Hi,
I am 35 recently seperated & pregnant. Anyone else in the similar situation or has been? I have a lot of support from my family & friends, but I think it is hard for them to truly understand what I am feeling. My emotions are all over the place. Any advice would be appreicated [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
singlepreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:27 PM   #11
singlepreg

Hi,

I am 28 years old and recently pregnant - I am about 10 weeks along. As of yesterday I just relocated from Ohio to South Carolina because the father beat me on July 9th. I have no other children
Old 07-29-2005, 11:40 PM   #12
singlepreg

Ok, let me start over... I hit the add reply key. Anyways I just left my first and last abusive relationship. While I have my family's support (They have taken me in and are allowing me to get on my feet) I am hearing "adoption" from almost everyone. Everytime I want to share something positive about this exciting time for me (yes, it's stressful, yes it's a bit of a crisis right now) I sense a shutdown from others because I don't think they understand what I'm feeling... Adoption is NOT something I'm considering - I feel the Lord has given me a gift and while I'm expecting it to be harder than anything I've ever experienced, I feel a certain peace in that I will be able to handle whatever comes along with the grace of God and that I will be a good mother. I can tell you that some of the emotions I'm feeling right now are fear and lonliness even though I have family around me. I have a certain sense of shame because I was always successful in my career (and now I'm jobless). My Aunt said something very wise and that it's important to recognize that your emotions are just that. Sometimes it's the hormones and sometimes it's something deeper but to try to make decisions right now that are good for both myself and my unborn child - with my brain and not my heart. That has kept me from pickng up that phone and calling Paul. What has helped me so far is praying and my inner strength - something mothers need anyways - and something I think most women are born with, something the Lord gives us through our struggles and our obsticles. Before I physically made the move, I had some weak moments of just wanting things to be back to normal, whatever that was. But that normal was really dysfunctional. I hope you can take something from my post and any advice you can give me would be much appreciated because just like you I feel very much alone.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:36 PM   #13
inni
Lively & Zealous Parent

inni is an unknown quantity at this point

newstart, Welcome to SFV ... and you have come to the right place.

Continue to pray, and ask God for the answers. You have strong faith. I don't know your age, or your circumstance...but only YOU know what is right when it comes to adoption. If you are not willing to consider it, hopefully your family will support your decision. Sometimes, family members think they know what is best - but it may not be what you want for yourself.

I suspect, they are trying to help.

I am sure you will find people here going thru what you are, and some great advice as well as support.

I say a special prayer each night for my new SFV friends in need. I will add you to that list.

hugsssss
inni is offline   Reply With Quote