Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey pregnant and a bit scared - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-25-2004, 10:38 PM   #1
jerseygirley16
Learning to Surf The Board

jerseygirley16 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my first time here. I am single and 13 weeks pregnant. I got pregnant using a sperm donor. I have reproductive problems and was told to get pregnant now or most likely lose the chance. So here I am 25 years old and expecting my first baby all on my own. I had always pictured myself doing this with someone else. I am very happy with my decision but scared at the same time. Any advice?
jerseygirley16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:04 PM   #2
Blindsky75
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Blindsky75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the site. Advice? Stick with us here and vent and ask lots of questions and read every bit of information you can find. Don't turn away an assistance that is offered to you, because you may need it. And again, welcome.
Blindsky75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:36 AM   #3
jaydsdad
Setting New Standards

jaydsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! Welcome to the site. Boy, do you got gumption.
Scared? You should be. Rewarded? You will be. Over and over and over. Advice? Ask the doctor for the handy to use owner's manual ... wait, that's for computers. None at this time but tons of admiration for your courage. And as much support as I can I offer. If you want, I can be a surrogate for online lamaz classes.
You just made a whole lot of new friends so you won't go through this alone. Best wishes.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:48 AM   #4
my1st
I am New

my1st is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! That is amazing! I applaud you for doing that! Support, I can offer. Words of wisdom - I will try. A shoulder to lean on - I can do. You can do this, as all of us can. I wish you the very best!

Amy
my1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:03 AM   #5
Ty's mom
Setting New Standards

Ty's mom is an unknown quantity at this point

What an unbelievably amazing story. As has been said a few times, WELCOME! As someone keeps pointing out that I said in another post, we are one big happy dysfunctional family, but one that is always there for each other. It is obvious how important it was for you to be a mother if you were willing to go through that to get there and I, personally, applaud you. Your child is extremely lucky to have you. Even though my son is 6 1/2, I'm still scared everyday. I think that if that feeling ever leaves, I won't be a good mother, so don't think you are alone. You can do it and are not alone. You now have a support system complete w/8000+ new friends. We look forward to getting to know you and your baby when it arrives. Good luck and keep us updated.
Ty's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:21 AM   #6
jerseygirley16

jerseygirley16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone for the welcomes and words of encouragement! It was a joy to read! I think I have found just the right place!
jerseygirley16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:28 AM   #7
Don Male
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseygirley16:
[qb] Thank you everyone for the welcomes and words of encouragement! It was a joy to read! I think I have found just the right place! [/qb]
I beleive you have.
Congrats on the pregnancy, don't worry too much and enjoy the miracle of life happening.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:08 AM   #8
dale ellen

dale ellen is an unknown quantity at this point

hey jerseygirley16- i kow what it is like to be alone and pregnant. i went through it,when i was pregnant with my daughter.i felt i had no freind in the world.the father was no help(still no help).i went through alot.like someone said,stick with site.you have a support system and someplace to go to,when things seem so hopeless.when you need some one to talk to,email me.after tens,i finally got a ripe on things in my life.the father goes in and out.i would like him out for good.there is some guy out,there for me and a daddy for my daughter.what i went through during that time,i would not want anyone to go through.good luck,i am here(everybody here)for you.take care,dale ellen.
dale ellen is offline   Reply With Quote