Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Slings and wraps - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Attachment Parenting

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #1
Mom2allboyz3
Learning to Surf The Board

Mom2allboyz3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there anyone out there who wears your baby? A friend sent me a Maya Wrap, and I LOVE IT! IT's so much easier to go anywhere with Demetri in the stroller and Drake in the wrap.
Mom2allboyz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Dew
Setting New Standards

Dew is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, I used a sling too. Not that brand, and it didn't have that ring, but the same idea anyway. You could use it in many ways...in the first weeks with baby in the front like in a hamoc, then still in the front but more like sitting up, and after approx 9 months (about the time he could sit up) in the back. Now (age 4) he just jumps up on my back and sits there like the little monkey he is LOL. Definitely better for hikes, or walks. He would sleep in there a lot too, it was high up too see more things than from a stroller. I never tried the breasfeeding option. It IS a bit hot in summer. But super in winter, baby is always well protected.
Dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #3
SupaMama
Board Member

SupaMama is an unknown quantity at this point

I had tried to use a Maya...but my kiddo hated it. I did carry her everywhere and not in her baby bucket but in my arms. OHHH they ached.

Funny thing is she now uses the Maya to carry her own babies.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
workingforaliving
I am New

workingforaliving is an unknown quantity at this point

I swear I didn't put my baby down for the first 10 weeks of her life. Now that she's 3 months old I use the Baby Bjorn a LOT. She LOVE it because she can see everything where as with the wrap she was shielded from the world.
workingforaliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
hi
Parent on Board

hi is an unknown quantity at this point

I use a sling and have a few friends who make their own Mei Tais ...

I also hear wonderful things about the baby hawk...

I think the next time around (whenever that may be) i will look into the mei tai and wraps! i hear such wonderful opinions on them
hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
SingleMom123 Female
Board Blazen Parent

SingleMom123 has a brilliant futureSingleMom123 has a brilliant futureSingleMom123 has a brilliant futureSingleMom123 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Slings and wraps

I found a great website that gave lots of details for making wraps but I can not find that website again! It is very easy, the wrap is nothing more then a 15ft long, 20 inch wide piece of cloth. I used a cotton cloth that was 2 yards by 40 inches wide, cut it in half length wise and sewed it to make it a 12ft long, 20 inch wide cloth. I use the front cross tie and carry my 18 month old hiking on my front, facing out. He doesn't like to ride on the back, nor facing in. He likes to see what is going on. I am thinking of trying different ties though.

I started carrying him when he was 6 weeks old, hiking. Then I carried him in a sling. He loved it. When he outgrew the sling he went to a Snuggli, then that broke, and he outgrew it at the same time. Now I use a wrap, and the wrap only cost me $7 for the cloth!
SingleMom123 is offline   Reply With Quote