Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey just found out im pregnant and my boyfriend leaves me advice? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-14-2004, 06:14 PM   #1
eyextasy
I am New

eyextasy is an unknown quantity at this point

me and my boyfriend have been together over the last 7 months and i just found out that im pregnant .i told him and he seemed alright about it but a couple days later he leaves with all his stuff while i was gone and told me that hes not ready for a family right now but he would be there for me and the baby but he doesnt want to be with me and i dont know why because i gave him everything can somebody tell me what i need to do?
eyextasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:15 PM   #2
bear
Parent on Board

bear is an unknown quantity at this point

im really sorry to hear this. well you are at a great support group. we can give you words of advice and all but the hard part of going through the rollercoaster of emotions with missing,hating, and so on feelings with the father is only going to filter through you! you will read a million letters on here that are worse better or just the same. you really should get together with a counclor for YOURSELF. its easier to talk to someone outside the buble about how you are feeling rather just going to family and friends for advice. they can help you step by step go through what is going to happen.

with him moving out his things im sure he did that to not make confrintaion and its sad for him to do but...i hope he means what he says on saying he wants to be there for you and the baby. i hope its not just a line so he can get out and run. so i assume you two lived together? what about rent and what not? now how can he say hes not ready for a family but will be there for you guys? GIRL YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING WRONG IF YOU GO WITH YOUR INSTINCTS. DONT DO ANYTHING TO PLEASE OTHERS. CONGRATS AND BEST OF LUCK DARLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:14 PM   #3
DDAN123
I am New

DDAN123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by eyextasy:
[qb] me and my boyfriend have been together over the last 7 months and i just found out that im pregnant .i told him and he seemed alright about it but a couple days later he leaves with all his stuff while i was gone and told me that hes not ready for a family right now but he would be there for me and the baby but he doesnt want to be with me and i dont know why because i gave him everything can somebody tell me what i need to do? [/qb]
DDAN123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:23 PM   #4
DDAN123
I am New

DDAN123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand how you feel, I'm almost waiting for my boyfriend to ask me to leave. He's not ready for a baby either. It's so scarry thinking about what to do at this point because every choice is so important and it effects 3 lives now. I have been trying to think everything through, looking at the "big picture". I'm sorry I can't answer your question. I found out I was pregnant 2 days ago and all I have been thinking about was how am I gonna do this alone? He may just need time.
DDAN123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:27 PM   #5
unspoken1
I am New

unspoken1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, I just read what your going through, Ive been through something similar to this almost 3 years ago.. at the time it was extremely painful, and probably the worst time of my life... but the main things I learnt is that I had to take care of me... I also had to seriously listen to what he was DOING more so than what he was SAYING...as the saying goes... Actions speak louder than words... For myself during this time I took focus off of me and him... and put the focus onto me and the baby...I told myself that the brake up of the relationship had nothing to do with my own inner value of myself... it was just something that may happen...and that basically it was his loss... How ever, I dont think coz it was my first child that I was able to diferentiate between me him and the baby... I think its because society, tv soaps...and our own beliefs create this belief that a "family" is a mother a father and children...anything else would be seen sort of lower or.. incomplete? but yea... Ive actually found it to be the opposite... I have a great relationship with my daughter and I know better than one I could of had with her if I was still with her father.. anyways I hope my jabbering helps..
Just another thing to add about being pregnant.. from a cultural perspective... In my culture the most important time of life itself its the time of creation...basically being pregnant, the concepts inrelation to pregnancy and the nuturing of life within the womb are extremely significant and special... so I hope you realise from both cultural and non cultural perspective how special you are right now.. you were special before but now... you are the nuture of life, of your un born beautiful child, who needs to be loved, cared for and needs at least one person to be stable and incontrol... of course you need support.. but you are the most significant person in your childs life.. aww ok I think ive said enough for now.. may god bless you and your child.
peace Ari
unspoken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:23 AM   #6
Thinker
Lively & Zealous Parent

Thinker is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said Unspoken1...I agree. You have to focus on you and your child now. As for him...make him live up to his words. In other words if he doesn't want to be with you then don't let him. If he ends up not helping you with the baby you may have to take him to court for some support. Sorry for you... I know it must be hard for you right now. I hope you feel better soon. Karen
Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 12:49 PM   #7
SammyIsaiah
I am New

SammyIsaiah is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Advice from everyone. Most of all just try your best to just be positive and think of the wonderful changes that are going to be happening in your life.

Having a child is one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me, and I thank God every day that I have my son.

Try to enjoy your pregnancy and not to stress about your boyfriend getting scared.

))))))))))sending you lots of positive energy and love((((((((((
SammyIsaiah is offline   Reply With Quote