Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Weight Loss and Pregnancy! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-14-2003, 04:35 PM   #1
ArmyMom2B
On the Board

ArmyMom2B is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and over the last three weeks I've lost 11 pounds! My doctor said that my baby's healthy and has a good heart rate in the 150's. But he has no idea what could be causing me to loose all this weight. He did a bunch of blood work and I have a follow up appointment in a week to see the results. I'm really worried that if this continues my baby will be at jeopardy. Has anyone has an experience like this?
ArmyMom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 04:35 PM   #2
ArmyMom2B
On the Board

ArmyMom2B is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and over the last three weeks I've lost 11 pounds! My doctor said that my baby's healthy and has a good heart rate in the 150's. But he has no idea what could be causing me to loose all this weight. He did a bunch of blood work and I have a follow up appointment in a week to see the results. I'm really worried that if this continues my baby will be at jeopardy. Has anyone has an experience like this?

"There ain't no talkin to this man. He's been tryin to tell me so. It took awhile to understand the beauty of just letting go."
ArmyMom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 04:49 PM   #3
Destinys mom
Parent on Board

Destinys mom is an unknown quantity at this point

No but compared to the weight I gained I wish that I lost weight! I went from 127 to 198!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still trying to lose that!!!
Good luck
Amanda
Old 10-14-2003, 10:49 PM   #4
jmsajs
Parent on Board

jmsajs is an unknown quantity at this point

Monica,

I have had friends experienced this, although they were over weight or got very sick, or hormones, or stress. I am sure you too are under some unnecessary stress; you may not even realize that it is affecting your diet and appetite. I know how hard it is to be alone when you are pregnant, I was there too (this time last year). Also, everyone�s body handles pregnancy different. I gained only 10lbs the first 18 weeks, then I was up to 30lbs by my 25th week, by the time I was 38 weeks I was a whopping 213lbs (over 80lbs!). My diet did not change (much) a lot of my weight was water, but I know at least 45lbs were not. You have really not hit the weight gaining phase yet, your young and I am assuming at a healthy weight to begin with. Your baby weighs about 2-3oz now, I would not spend anymore time worrying, not to seem like I don�t care, I just think you should not worry about this until you have a reason to worry. Make sure you are eating healthy, drinking plenty of water, and a lot of sleep. I am sure everything will even out soon. Keep us posted!

Jenny
Old 10-17-2003, 01:45 PM   #5
igohard83
On the Board

igohard83 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I got pregnant with my oldest son I hide my pregnancy from my friends & family for 6 mths. They didn't suspect anything because I didn't gain much weight. I think I loss weight up until my 3rd or 4th month, I was curious as to why and concerned about the health of my baby and I; my doctor said that me and my baby was perfectly healthy...and we were. He said that in some cases it's normal, I don't know why but it is!
Old 10-20-2003, 08:54 PM   #6
sobeautiful
I am New

sobeautiful is an unknown quantity at this point

My boyfriend left me about three weeks ago and I've lost 12 pounds since then. It's stress related for me obviously, but I can't think of any other reason why someone would lose so much weight. I have heard of people dropping weight like there's no tomorrow AFTER they have the baby...
sobeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote