Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey I am freaking out, 29 weeks pregnant and they think I have cervical cancer - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-12-2004, 12:12 PM   #1
Candace
Board Member

Candace is an unknown quantity at this point

I just resently had my pap come back abnormal. So I went in to see if they needed to do a biopsy. My Dr. looked with a scope and said the cells on my cervix didn't look to bad and that he would wait until after the baby is born to do the biopsy. They told me it can cause alot of problems with pregnant women. I started cramping really bad this past month so he went in and took another look. He told me that they look much worse, but now it is to late and I will have to wait until my son is born because I am too far along. Night before last my cousin had a miscarrige * almost 5 months she called me the night it happened. I tried to calm her down because this would have been her 6th child. She lost her second baby of sids *three months old. Her third baby died * birth. She had a girl then a boy who isn't even a year old yet. now this has me all freaked out. We were pregnant together withall three of mine. Now I might have cancer. Will that hurt my baby. Could he have something wrong with him? If anybody knows anything please let me know.
Candace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 01:18 PM   #2
bear
Parent on Board

bear is an unknown quantity at this point

im not totally sure and dont have an answer for you but you and the lady who misscarried are in my prayers!

i had precancerous cells in cervics right before i was pregnant and had them taken out. i know when i said this while i was pregnant to another women she said she had them while she was pregnant and they just waited bcs there is nothing you can do and worrying so much isnt good to have that extra stress you know! her baby is now bigger and fine! best of luck... congrats!
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:31 PM   #3
DJ
I am New

DJ is an unknown quantity at this point

My ex had the same exact thing happen to her. I know it is hard, especially if you are alone, but try not to worry. My son came out a very healthy boy. My wife was fine as well. After his birth she went to the Doctors and they took good care of her. Stay strong, I am thinking positive for you and hope all will be ok for you and your family.
DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:41 PM   #4
DevilScooby
I am New

DevilScooby is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to worry. I had the same thing when I was pregnant with my daughter. They had me go back to the doctor after she was born and everything was fine. During labor they may put you on an antibiotic IV to make sure your baby is fine. It is more common than you think for there to be some abnormal cells during pregnancy. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have cancer - it's actually most likely that you don't. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Candace:
[qb]I just resently had my pap come back abnormal. So I went in to see if they needed to do a biopsy. My Dr. looked with a scope and said the cells on my cervix didn't look to bad and that he would wait until after the baby is born to do the biopsy. They told me it can cause alot of problems with pregnant women. I started cramping really bad this past month so he went in and took another look. He told me that they look much worse, but now it is to late and I will have to wait until my son is born because I am too far along. Night before last my cousin had a miscarrige * almost 5 months she called me the night it happened. I tried to calm her down because this would have been her 6th child. She lost her second baby of sids *three months old. Her third baby died * birth. She had a girl then a boy who isn't even a year old yet. now this has me all freaked out. We were pregnant together withall three of mine. Now I might have cancer. Will that hurt my baby. Could he have something wrong with him? If anybody knows anything please let me know.[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
DevilScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:19 PM   #5
Candace
Board Member

Candace is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone. I feel better about it. I have been a worry wort through this pregnancy anyways. I had bad premature labor problems with my last one and then it seems like every time I turn around someone I know is either having bad pregnancy problems or loosing a baby. I just walk around feeling like something bad is gonna go wrong at any minute. I'm not really worried about myself but I just want my baby to be okay. My three year old has alot of learning problems due to a high fever from pnuemonia as a baby. I am just so freaked that something will go wrong this time. Thanx for the support. Yall are the only friends I have.
Candace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:24 AM   #6
Maywest
On the Board

Maywest is an unknown quantity at this point

Candace,
I had precancer cells in my uterus but, I wasn't pregnant at the time. They did the biopsy first then I had several options to choose from. I choose the freezing of it. That way they can do it in the office. Since then I have not had the precancer return. Best Wishes for you hope everything works out for you and your baby.
Maywest
Maywest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 12:19 PM   #7
mark uk
Board Blazen Parent

mark uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang in there, even though Iam not usually the sort of guy that prays I will make an exception for you as it sounds like you could use all the help you can find.

Be strong and lots of hugs,

Mark
Old 03-19-2004, 11:42 PM   #8
Simorah
Board Member

Simorah is an unknown quantity at this point

Gotta love HPV, eh? Funny how pregnancy brings things out in the open. I had the same thing happen whilst pregnant. The doc did a colposcopy in which the cells were removed. My daughter just turned one. So far, so good.

The important thing is to try and not get too worked up over it - I know it's easy to say, but the more relaxed you stay, the better it is for baby.

Odds are good that you'll be fine. Just make sure you never ever ever ever miss a pap from here on. (Actually, good advice for all women).
Simorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 02:46 AM   #9
mommat
Board Member

mommat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I just wanted to pop in and say that I am praying for you and hopefully you are praying also. From what I know there are a lot of things that can be done if it is cancer and it has been found early.

In my mothers pregnancy with me they informed her that she had a spot on her cervix and that she needed to have me aborted in order to treat it . Well they didn't like that answer and went for a second opinion. The second doctor laughed and said that the baby she was carrying would be fine and so would she. They gave her freeze treatments and I was born a healthy baby. Then....she got pregnaunt again with my sister. Another healthy happy baby. After my sister was born she decided to go ahead and have the surgery to remove the cancer (hestorectomy sp?) because the cancer had come back. Even then the doctor told her that if she wasn't finished having children he could keep an eye on it. My sister and I are now 26 and 24 and I have a child or my own and my mother is a heathly happy grandmother.

Nothing is impossible with God. Pray and keep praying. I pray that you have a beautiful healthy baby.
mommat is offline   Reply With Quote