Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey clubbing? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #1
SadieMontane
I am New

SadieMontane is an unknown quantity at this point

This weekend will mark the halfway point in my pregnancy (twenty weeks woot!) and i wanted to get a chance to go out and celebrate at this club I used to go to before I get too fat and before I have a little one at home... I sort of see this as my last real chance to go out and have a good time before motherhood starts claiming my freedom. This club is in Rhode Island, so nobody can smoke in the club, and I sure as heck don't plan on drinking, but I still sort of feel like it's a little tasteless for me to be going out clubbing while pregnant... I mean, you can't even tell there's a baby in me yet, and I've read that loud noise really doesn't hurt the baby at all, so should I go? I don't know... I would really appreciate some input on this one.
SadieMontane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
MamaGriz
Learning to Surf The Board

MamaGriz is an unknown quantity at this point

I did. When I first found out I was preggy, I was waitressing in a pub. So going out to a bar didn't really phase me. With all the liquid and padding, you're not hurting baby's eardrums. And dance while you can! After awhile, you're shaking your booty one way but you're belly is off in another direction altogether! I even got hit on! Don't be surprised if you mention you're in the family way and the guys go running though. Think of it as a valuable pre-screening!
MamaGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 AM   #3
B's Momma
On the Board

B's Momma is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to work at a bar too before I was pregnant, and I still went there during the pregnancy. They had a great rooftop patio that I spent a lot of time on in the summer. And yes you will still get hit on, sometimes even after they figure out you are expecting. I was standing at the bar once talking to my friend who was tending, and some guy down the way tried to buy a drink for me, guess the bar obstructed his view of my HUGE belly, it was pretty funny though. Go out and have some fun!
"If the first woman God ever made was strong enough to turn the whole world upside down all alone, these women together ought to be able to turn it back, and get it right side up again!" -- Sojourner Truth
B's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
missabb
Board Blazen Parent

missabb is an unknown quantity at this point

I went out to bars with girlfriends when I was pregnant. And you were still allowed to smoke in bars then, so I suppose there was smoke in the air. (I know--not very pc of me, but I gave up coffee d*mn it!)

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with going out and having fun while you can.

One caution: go with friends who aren't going to get absolutely wasted. It really is NOT fun when you're the only sober one and even more irritating when you're a little on the hormonal side.

Have fun.