Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey For All Pregnant Parents! NEW FORUM! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-08-2003, 03:58 AM   #1
Robin Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Robin has a spectacular aura about

As requested by Jennifer L, our active and very pregnant parent.

Congrates! To you and hang in there, We/I am right here for you!

All the best and remember...
- As one door closes, a new one opens -

Yell this instead of the common profanity during birth

Love, hugs and kisses

Robin
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 03:58 AM   #2
Robin Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Robin has a spectacular aura about

As requested by Jennifer L, our active and very pregnant parent.

Congrates! To you and hang in there, We/I am right here for you!

All the best and remember...
- As one door closes, a new one opens -

Yell this instead of the common profanity during birth

Love, hugs and kisses

Robin
Old 06-08-2003, 08:18 PM   #3
Organic Mama
On the Board

Organic Mama is an unknown quantity at this point

GREAT!

This is really nice! I think it will be a good room to discuss a lot of issues!

Its hard to be pregnant and alone!

(wink)
Old 06-09-2003, 07:06 AM   #4
Visitor

I think this is a great idea especially as alot of us ' R waiting in anticipation for Jennifers baby' great place for the announcement

How are you feeling Jennifer -is the baby's head down yet - it can't be long now
Old 06-09-2003, 12:32 PM   #5
Organic Mama
On the Board

Organic Mama is an unknown quantity at this point

I am feeling great! SHe is head down and i am starting to eface.... but it still will be at least one more month! I can't WAIT!!!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 09:05 AM   #6
Visitor

Has anyone heard from jennifer lately - Baby is due this week.....
Old 01-24-2005, 05:03 PM   #7
Patricia
Board Member

Patricia is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is a dumb question because I know birth is painful but is it wise to just go ahead and get an epi instead of dealing with the pain or is natural truly a better choice

My mom says that she is going to laugh at me because i cant handle pain but i think i can
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:16 PM   #8
CA
Setting New Standards

CA is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok there is going to be a ton of mixed responses on this one Patricia.

Me .... I say get the drugs! It has been 12 1/2 years and I remember well. I held out as long as I could before I had pain relievers and then an epi. However they disconnected the epi when I had to push.... WHY???? .. I do not know I was pushing fine. It took 2 hours of sheer pain.

It is a personal choice. Me I am with mom.. I can't handle pain that won't go away either. Funny.. I have many piercings in my ears and two tattoos, I can handle the dentist, getting myself waxed and some other things, but when I can't say stop (like a headache, stomach ache or child birth) and it goes away... I am a cry baby.
CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:39 AM   #9
Patricia
Board Member

I think your right about the pain relievers i thought about it and i almost cry when i stub my toe or get a splinter. LOL

your really good at this whole response thing and making people feel better thanks for everything you have done so far for me i do appreciate it
Old 01-25-2005, 09:26 AM   #10
Rachel_M_R
On the Board

Rachel_M_R is an unknown quantity at this point

There are two sides to pain relievers on the one hand absolutley brilliant when you're right in the middle of it but afterwards the drugs can be very draining I couldn't even hold my son after I had him I was wiped out. My sister has two kids on her first she had the epi but on her second she didn't and she said the second was much better because she was more aware of things afterwards and could stay awake to see her baby.

To Carla - the reason why they let the epi wear off is so that you can tell what you are doing to your body when you push - thats what the nurses told me when i had Sean.

I think that if i have another one I'm going to exercise alot more when pregnant because according to alot of mothers this is excellent for the birth as it gets your body ready for it. I was pretty lazy when I was pregnant and so the epi was great relief to me but not afterwards.

Everyones experience is different and who knows you could be one of the lucky ones and your baby could just pop out in the matter of minutes!!
Rachel_M_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:59 PM   #11
Dew
Setting New Standards

Dew is an unknown quantity at this point

That's right, every woman feels different about giving birth and drugs. It's also a cultural thing I think.
There are risks associated to the drugs as well, of course. For once they stick a needle inbetween your vertebrea and then they inject an anesthetic, a drug that can have side effects as any drug.

check out
http://www.sblom.com/epidural/

I think the best is to get an appointment with a midwife or a doctor and discuss it. I actually had to go to the hospital where I was planning to deliver ahead of time and discuss stuff like that, including my personal situation (well, as much as I wanted to discuss only).

I started having contractions at midnight, I asked for the epidural around 6am, until the doctor came and the whole thing was done and working it was 7am..and then WHAT A RELIEF, I actually slept between the contractions ! And baby came at 10:25 am.
For me they did a good job, with the timing and the dosage, I was able to walk and take care of baby immediately after that. They didn't even bring me breakfast in that first morning, I went to the breakfast room.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:37 PM   #12
Patricia
Board Member

Thanks for your advice red. I have a dr appointment on the 1st of febuary and i have some really great questions to ask after reading the stuff on the web site you posted hopefully I get prepared soon so I'm not rushing at the end trying to get this done thanks again to all of you on this topic
Old 01-26-2005, 03:24 PM   #13
Dew
Setting New Standards

Dew is an unknown quantity at this point

you're welcome and I am glad if it helped.
Yes, write down your questions before you go.
I still need to do that for pediatrician's appointments, because I always have so many questions and I forget them once I am there.
Plus YOU are pregnant, ..don't know if it has the same affect on you, but I was very distracted and forgetful during my pregnancy.