Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey need to vent and mayb get some good advice - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
scaredsingleprego
I am New

scaredsingleprego is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone! I am 34 single unemployed in therapy and 6 weeks pregnant. I suffer from depression. I am in therapy for a positive drug test at work-smoked pot. That was a huge mistake and was fired from my registered nurse job for it. Hopefullly I will be able find employment next week with an "ok" from my councelers. Trust me I won't be smoking pot again. It gets better-I went to visit my parents in another state. When I came back my live-in boyfriend of two years had cheated on me. I kicked him out of the house. Later that same afternoon I found out I was pregnant, Surprise! He told me he could not father children.He is also an RN. Since i was pregnant I allowed him back into the house. Evreytime I looked at him I became sick with discust-3 miserable days later I told him to leave and I was going to have an abortion. Now my abortion is planned for June 6th. I am so confused as the right thing is to do. I had an abortion when I was 17 and I still wonder what my child would have been like. The decision to have one this time has never settled right with me but I am so afraid to keep it and have this man in our lives for the next many many years-It doesn't stop and the 18 year old mark! My life is in shambles right now but I am confident I can pull the pieces together and provide this baby with a warm loving home. I do not have a support system at all down here. If I did it would make matters easier. I understand I cannot count on him-nor do I want to. I do still love him very much-but cannot let him destroy my heart again.
scaredsingleprego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
jenn25chizzy
Parent on Board

jenn25chizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that if you are having second thoughts about the abortion you should maybe wait on doing it. It would be a terrible thing if you went through with it and weren't sure about it. Lots of mothers handle taking care of a child for the rest of their lives by themselves and are able to give that child plenty of love. You will find a great support system here!
jenn25chizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
shortyof4
On the Board

shortyof4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiii scaredsingleprego, I agree with jenn25chizzy Alot of women have children and don't have any help . I am one of them , i have four children 5,7,9,and 10 and the day i kicked their father out was the best day of our life...Think long and hard about this baby then decide.Only make a decision that your absolutely sure about..... You have support here you r not alone we been through it...
shortyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote