Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Need some serious advice PLEASE!!! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #1
mom2caleb
I am New

mom2caleb is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new to the board so first I would like to say hello to all. My name is Melissa and I am 24 years old. I am currently 17 weeks pregnant with my second. I also have a 1 year old son that just turned a year 3 weeks ago. Boy am I going to have my hands full. I need some major advice. Two days ago I had to rush to the emergency room because I woke up to use the restroom @ 430 AM and I was bleeding down the sides of my legs. They said that everything was okay but I believe that it's stress from my babies father. Here's the situation. We have been together for 11 years off and on. We have been on major bad terms. He doesn't work, he doesn't have a car, so I am paying all the bills, he uses my car, but he doesn't respect me at all or appreciate what I do. I was put on bedrest for the bleeding, so instead of him staying home with me to take care of our 1 year old, he was gone all day. He had to be in court at 800 AM, so I understood that, but he didn't come in until 700 this morning. I know that he is cheating, and I want to end it know before I have a nervous breakdown. The thing is, he won't leave my apartment and he just runs off with the keys to my car. I have called the police once back in November, and they made him leave, but I allowed him to come back. Now, I don't know what to do because the police aren't gong to do anything about it because it's like I'm crying wolf. I have to get rid of him because I just can not take the abuse anymore. How do I get rid of him? Please help!!!
mom2caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
mom2caleb
I am New

mom2caleb is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new to the board so first I would like to say hello to all. My name is Melissa and I am 24 years old. I am currently 17 weeks pregnant with my second. I also have a 1 year old son that just turned a year 3 weeks ago. Boy am I going to have my hands full. I need some major advice. Two days ago I had to rush to the emergency room because I woke up to use the restroom @ 430 AM and I was bleeding down the sides of my legs. They said that everything was okay but I believe that it's stress from my babies father. Here's the situation. We have been together for 11 years off and on. We have been on major bad terms. He doesn't work, he doesn't have a car, so I am paying all the bills, he uses my car, but he doesn't respect me at all or appreciate what I do. I was put on bedrest for the bleeding, so instead of him staying home with me to take care of our 1 year old, he was gone all day. He had to be in court at 800 AM, so I understood that, but he didn't come in until 700 this morning. I know that he is cheating, and I want to end it know before I have a nervous breakdown. The thing is, he won't leave my apartment and he just runs off with the keys to my car. I have called the police once back in November, and they made him leave, but I allowed him to come back. Now, I don't know what to do because the police aren't gong to do anything about it because it's like I'm crying wolf. I have to get rid of him because I just can not take the abuse anymore. How do I get rid of him? Please help!!!
mom2caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:34 PM   #3
Don Male
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

First it's a shame that he can't be there for you, to help you out with what you are going through. I'd always prefer to see people get some counseling/outside if need be to work things through.
With that said, if you need to, make that call again so that they can be sure that he leaves peacefully. The thing is to be sure that is your decision before calling this next time and stick with it. They won't/can't refuse to do that for you unless you really kept repeating the same thing over and over.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
krissieg
I am New

krissieg is an unknown quantity at this point

Honey, call the police. Trust me they will help you out by getting him to leave your house peacefully. I work for the police myself and I promise you, as long as you don't call them every day wanting him removed, they are more than happy to help out. Get him out, for your sake as well as those babies. They are way more important than some cheating male.
krissieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
nisse
Board Member

nisse is an unknown quantity at this point

Call them. This should be his last chance. I was on bedrest in my first trimester for bleeding too. It was scary and stressful and difficult. I can only imagine how he made it worse for you by putting you in that position.

I was in a similar situation with the father of my baby. I asked him to leave very early on in the pregnancy. It was a very hard, very scary thing to do, but let me tell you, it was worth it. My life is so much better without him in it.

The police are there to help you. They will understand returning, they see it all the time. Just make sure this is it this time. He doesn't deserve another chance.
nisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:22 PM   #6
J3pt44
Parent on Board

J3pt44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Call the police. They have to help you and get him out of your place. And being around someone who is draining you of your energy, and trust me you need it, is not good for you or the baby.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:30 PM   #7
want2bhappy
On the Board

want2bhappy is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with everyone call the police, get a restraining order. Just get away. Do you have someone who can help you with your one year old?
want2bhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:33 AM   #8
tomany2count
Visitor

If you are the only one on the lease talk to your landlord about changing the locks when he is out. Most places you can not legally do this on your own, but explain to him what is going on. Have the locks changed or change them yourself. Then when he does come call the police. I really do not believe this is the best way to get someone out but if what you say is true it maybe the only way.
You also need to get some sort of support system. Friends, family, church, someone with you.