Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Could use some advice.... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-13-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
Angie_11
I am New

Angie_11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just joined this forum. I am 14 weeks pregnant and discovered 3 weeks ago that the father wants nothing to do with me or our child. I have sinced moved in with my older sister, who is still very much into the young and party girl scene. I am feeling very alone and scared right now, yet very excited about the baby.

I am just not sure what my legal rights are concerning the father (child support, etc). I am very concerned about the living arrangements, as I do not want my child coming home from the hospital to a frat house. I could use a little direction now from people who have been were I am.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Angie_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:57 PM   #2
Angie_11
I am New

Okay, I know I'm lame by replying to my own post but....

Another thing that I am trying to figure out is if I should tell my ex's mother. Her and I have always been very close, and she was in the same situation when she was pregnant with my ex. Part of me says that it is not my place to tell her, and another says she has a right to know she is going to be a grandmother.

Yet another complication (I know, I know, I'm rambling), my ex has accused me of faking the pregnancy, it not being his, etc. How do I begin to defend myself against these ludricris allegations???
Old 06-14-2006, 02:47 AM   #3
TiggerGal
Board Member

TiggerGal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Angie...
Our stories are remarkably similar! My daughter is now a month old and my ex still has not spoken to me (he hasn't since I was 5 weeks pregnant).. I have only recently decided that I will apply for child support, only because Makedde will benifit from it one day..

I also was close to my ex's mother.. and I got a mutual freind to "accidently on purpose" mention my pregnancy to her.. She and her husband are excited about Mak and involved in her life.. though they can't make their son do something he doesn't want to. I think you should definatley tell her someway or another because she has done nothing wrong and deserves the chance to choose if she wants anything to do with your child..

I was also accused of faking the pregnancy and he said it wasn't his... to answer the faking part, I sent him the ultrasounds, etc.. I didn't bother defending the other allegation, because we BOTH know that this is his child..

I know how hard it is to be sad and excited about your pregnancy at the same time... and it is hard... and will always be hard, but the moment you lay eyes on your child... it's all worth it.. beleive me

Good luck, and welcome to the forum, there are many freindly people here willing to help you with any querys
TiggerGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
Lurch
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Lurch is an unknown quantity at this point

well first step when your child is born is to establish paternaty. Then he gets to pay for his child. It is not fair for you to bare the whole responibility of this child.

as to the ex's mother, it maybe better to just tell her, some people get annoyed hearing about things through the grape vine, specially when it comes to them being a grand parent.

Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:25 PM   #5
Angie_11
I am New

Thanks so much. Sorry it took so long to stop in again. His family now knows about the baby. His mother is very excited and supportive (as I expected). He still hasn't come around, but its nice to know that there are people who do care about the baby.

Thank you TiggerGirl. Its nice to hear from someone who was in the same situation. I really appreciate it.