Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey newly pregnant, freshly ditched - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-06-2004, 11:47 PM   #1
Erinn G.
I am New

Erinn G. is an unknown quantity at this point

hello,
There's no way I'm the only single, pregnant, 30-something woman in the Bay Area but I'm new to this situation and feeling alone. Everything is suddenly so precarious--housing, income, future.. I'll have to move sometime in the next months because I live in a small space with a couple--there's barely enough room for us, much less for a new human. I've been working as a decorative painter but had to quit because of the toxicity and I don't know exactly what to do next. My ex-boyfriend's family is supportive, but that can only go so far. Somehow I need to figure out this new life as well as take care of myself, remember to eat and try to get through the shock and pain of being abandoned in this moment when I should be nurtured.
Anyone out there in San Francisco or the East Bay who is going through this or has gone through this & survived?
Erinn G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:47 PM   #2
Erinn G.
I am New

Erinn G. is an unknown quantity at this point

hello,
There's no way I'm the only single, pregnant, 30-something woman in the Bay Area but I'm new to this situation and feeling alone. Everything is suddenly so precarious--housing, income, future.. I'll have to move sometime in the next months because I live in a small space with a couple--there's barely enough room for us, much less for a new human. I've been working as a decorative painter but had to quit because of the toxicity and I don't know exactly what to do next. My ex-boyfriend's family is supportive, but that can only go so far. Somehow I need to figure out this new life as well as take care of myself, remember to eat and try to get through the shock and pain of being abandoned in this moment when I should be nurtured.
Anyone out there in San Francisco or the East Bay who is going through this or has gone through this & survived?
Erinn G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:50 PM   #3
katem
I am New

katem is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Erinn G.:
[qb]hello,
Anyone out there in San Francisco or the East Bay who is going through this or has gone through this & survived?[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
katem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:56 AM   #4
stillwaiting
I am New

stillwaiting is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not from the bay in San Francisco, but I am from the bay in Southern California. I am experiencing a similar situation, being abondoned. I think that the best thing for you to do is keep going and fighting and conquering the battle. Men are not afraid of a strong woman but boys will run away with fear. It hurts that a relationship can go do a complete 180. I'll never understand it myself.

Sounds like you're talented so work should not be a problem after you have the baby. Maybe try Help Desk for a tecom company or some boring sit down job to relax while you are pregnant.

Keep in touch and feel free to write anytime. Take care.
stillwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote