Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Time for new dreams? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Pregnant and Alone

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
Estee
I am New

Estee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm new, I'am 29 weeks pregnant and my husband has left. I'm sad and scared. All the dreams I hoped for are gone and I guess it's time for new ones. I would appreciate any personal experiences, encouragement, support.
Thank You,
Estee
Estee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
mamma77
On the Board

mamma77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Estee--Welcome to this site. I am in your shoes and I know how you feel. I am currently 34 weeks pregnant and my husband left me and my toddler son at 28 weeks, day after Christmas. It has been the saddest and scariest time of my whole life also. Did he say why he was leaving? My husband left to find a happier life without so many family responsibilities. His reasons were awful and now I am left to pick up all the pieces on my own. My hopes and dreams are gone too, but I am learning that new ones will and are being created. Try to focus on your baby right now and lean on friends and family for support. I know I was told to do the same thing and it does help...eventually. The first couple weeks and months are the worst and I would wake up crying everyday. Now all the days aren't so terrible and the bad days are mixed in instead of every day. I felt like I was in a fog and couldn't see in front of me, everything was in upheaval and disarray. I am sure you are feeling these things too. I would love to hear more of your story, so please write more and you can PM me anytime you want to chat or vent. I am not very far into my healing process either but I would love to try and be a support to you. There are other awesome people that I have met through this site that are going through the same things as us. You will find some good supportive friends here. Take care and please know things will start to get better soon.
mamma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:29 PM   #3
Kerry821
Board Member

Kerry821 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Estee and The only thing i can offer you is support and encouragement. I know what your going through as do most of the parents here.It's one of the most difficult things anyone has to go through but you can do it. Stay strong and focus on preparing a life for you and your baby.With new life comes new hopes and dreams. Good luck and don't hesitate to cry on our shoulders we will all be here for you.
:huggies:
Kerry821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #4
Estee
I am New

Hi, thank you for replying, his reasons are the same though he was to scared to say. this is the second time he has left, the first I was a couple of weeks pregnant. So in a way his leaving is the best thing. I wish I could not cry, I've cried so much since I met him and being pregnant makes it worse. Anyway, I'm so glad you wrote me back because I relize I'm not alone, and that will do wonders for me. I have to go through the pain but geez I can't wait to be happy again. You said it was okay to PM, what does that mean? Thanks again Estee
Quote:
Originally posted by mamma77:
[qb] Hi Estee--Welcome to this site. I am in your shoes and I know how you feel. I am currently 34 weeks pregnant and my husband left me and my toddler son at 28 weeks, day after Christmas. It has been the saddest and scariest time of my whole life also. Did he say why he was leaving? My husband left to find a happier life without so many family responsibilities. His reasons were awful and now I am left to pick up all the pieces on my own. My hopes and dreams are gone too, but I am learning that new ones will and are being created. Try to focus on your baby right now and lean on friends and family for support. I know I was told to do the same thing and it does help...eventually. The first couple weeks and months are the worst and I would wake up crying everyday. Now all the days aren't so terrible and the bad days are mixed in instead of every day. I felt like I was in a fog and couldn't see in front of me, everything was in upheaval and disarray. I am sure you are feeling these things too. I would love to hear more of your story, so please write more and you can PM me anytime you want to chat or vent. I am not very far into my healing process either but I would love to try and be a support to you. There are other awesome people that I have met through this site that are going through the same things as us. You will find some good supportive friends here. Take care and please know things will start to get better soon. [/qb]
Old 02-01-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
Estee
I am New

Thank you so much for replying, I can't wait till she is here that way focusing on what is important won't be so hard. I'm glad I can come to this site to help with the lonliness. Thanks again, Estee
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerry821:
[qb] Hi Estee and The only thing i can offer you is support and encouragement. I know what your going through as do most of the parents here.It's one of the most difficult things anyone has to go through but you can do it. Stay strong and focus on preparing a life for you and your baby.With new life comes new hopes and dreams. Good luck and don't hesitate to cry on our shoulders we will all be here for you.
:huggies: [/qb]
Old 02-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #6
mamma77
On the Board

mamma77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Estee a "PM" is a private message. If you look at the icons on the top of the message that you wrote me the one with the people shaking hands and a letter is the PM button. Then you can send a message to me that doesn't appear on the board. Its like emailing each other. I would love to hear your whole story and share my experiences with you too. I am sorry this pregnancy has been so sad and stressful for you but I know it will get better once the baby arrives. Then our lives can move forward. Take care and stay strong.
mamma77 is offline   Reply With Quote